How many Grammys has Lil Wayne won
Awards for Coldplay, Robert Plant and Lil Wayne
Los Angeles - Former Led Zeppelin hard rocker Robert Plant and American bluegrass queen Alison Krauss have won five Grammys for their unusual collaboration. "Raising Sand", the two's highly acclaimed record, was named Album of the Year in the King's category on Monday night in Los Angeles. Her song "Please Read The Letter" got the award for best single of the year.
US singer and Oscar winner Jennifer Hudson, whose mother, brother and young nephew had been murdered three months ago, provided the most moving moments of the evening. The 27-year-old received her first Grammy for the debut album named after her with tears from the likewise fate-stricken black singer Whitney Houston.
"I want to first thank God for helping me through this," said Hudson, his voice breaking. "I thank my family in heaven and my family who are here with me today." Afterwards she sang her song "You Pulled Me Through", sure but moved and burst into tears when the audience gave her long applause while standing.
Rihanna canceled the performance
R&B singer Chris Brown and his girlfriend Rihanna provided some guesswork: Both had surprisingly canceled their planned appearance shortly before the start of the gala show. According to media reports, Brown was temporarily in police custody after a violent argument with a woman in his car. It was initially unclear whether Rihanna was affected.
Plant and Kraus and success
With their successful album "Raising Sand", the unusual duo Plant and Kraus won not only the main and single prizes but also awards for the best collaboration between pop singers, the best collaboration between country singers and the best folk album.
Lil Wayne received four awards
US rapper Lil Wayne, who entered the race as a favorite with eight nominations, won four of the coveted prizes, including the award for best rap album for his record "Tha Carter III". The British pop band Coldplay, with seven nominations to start in second place, won three awards. "We have never had so many Grammys in one day," said lead singer Chris Martin.
There was a disappointment for the fans of the Jonas Brothers: The American teenage sensation could not assert itself in the category of best young artists. Here the British soul singer Adele (20) won, who also got a statue for her song "Chasing Pavements". Two Grammys each went to the US singer and guitarist John Mayer, the black singer and preacher Al Green, rapper Kanye West and the country band Sugarland.
Classical Grammy for the Berliner Philharmoniker
The Berlin Philharmonic and the Rundfunkchor Berlin are among the winners of the classical Grammys. They prevailed under the direction of Sir Simon Rattle and Simon Halsey with the chorale work "Symphony of Psalms". A year ago the Berliners won a classical Grammy for their CD "Brahms: Ein Deutsches Requiem". The Weill opera "Rise and Fall of the City of Mahagonny" in a recording with Mel Ulrich and the lyrical tenor Robert Wörle at the Los Angeles Opera House won two Grammys, the one for the classic album of the year and the best opera recording. New Grammy joy also for the native German Hans Zimmer, who was rewarded together with his colleague James Newton Howard for the music for the Batman film "The Dark Knight".
The Grammys are the most important American music awards. They are awarded by the Association of the US Music Industry in a total of 110 categories for classical and pop. (APA / dpa)
- Can your ISP see your photos
- What is the dead zone of Lake Erie
- What are different versions of Mahabharat
- Who invented marriage
- How do you describe white holes
- How many units are 1 kW
- Is Item Response Theory Bayesian
- Are icebreaker activities overused in professional development
- What is a Moser lamp
- What do you rate potato mash sauce
- What are some good side exercises
- Where can I get online HTML courses
- Why is an ALU U-shaped
- Will democracy survive the popular Trump revolution?
- Which Quora topics get the most attention?
- What is open
- How does the hypnotherapy training take place
- How do you record on DirecTV
- Isoniazid cures tuberculosis
- How long can you fast
- Which bird name ends with AN
- Which hospital has the best urology department?
- Which types of sugar are vegan
- What are the unwritten rules for leftovers
- Is a cheesy burger really unhealthy?
- Using Casandra with Elasticsearch
- What Irish surname means warlike
- What is a fake cobra
- Are there black male figure skaters
- What is quantum locking
- Is the care tax tax deductible?
- What is a cumulus cloud
- What Makes Actimize AML Software So Good
- Why don't I value friendships?