Is hamburgers good for dogs
Dog food: What the dog must not eat under any circumstances
Dogs are not overly picky about their food. Puppies in particular are curious and gnaw at everything that comes in their way. But onions and chocolate can be dangerous for dogs and cats, and raw meat also carries risks. Dog owners should therefore pay attention to what their four-legged friend eats.
Human foods are in many cases unsuitable for dog nutrition, difficult to digest, or even toxic. Therefore one should refrain from feeding dogs with the leftovers from the lunch table. Gyros and roast pork are especially taboo: dogs and cats don't tolerate garlic or onions. It doesn't matter whether the leeks are raw, fried or steamed. The onion contains a substance that destroys the red blood cells of the animals and can cause life-threatening anemia.
Grapes and raisins are taboo
Chocolate is also unsuitable as a treat. The theobromine contained in cocoa is very difficult to digest and subsequently accumulates in the body. This can lead to poisoning, to which the animals react with diarrhea, vomiting, cramps and paralysis. In the worst case, the dog dies. Even small amounts of grapes and raisins lead to abdominal pain, diarrhea, apathy and acute kidney failure.
Tomatoes can affect the brain
The animals do not tolerate nightshade plants either raw or cooked. Some of them contain solanine, which can lead to vomiting, diarrhea and impaired brain function. Boiled potatoes, which are easy to digest, are an exception.
Feeding avocados is also fatal. The fruits contain persin, which is harmless to humans but harmful to animals. The toxin can lead to massive heart muscle damage.
Raw meat carries risks
Many dog owners swear by the so-called Barfen and feed their animals with raw meat. For dogs with a finished food intolerance, raw meat feeding can be a good option. However, the risk of salmonella infection also increases when barking. Hygiene is the top priority during preparation, otherwise there is a risk of diarrhea and vomiting.
Keepers should not store the raw food in the refrigerator next to normal food and clean the knife and cutting board thoroughly after preparation, otherwise germs can be transmitted to humans. In addition, raw meat can also contain parasites and tapeworm species that can be transmitted to the animal.
Deficiency symptoms can also occur in dogs when they are fed exclusively with meat. The best thing to do is to discuss with a veterinarian whether raw meat feeding makes sense for your own animal and what needs to be considered. Those who are already barefishing should have their four-legged friend's blood values checked regularly and, if necessary, add food supplements to the feed.
Poisoning from dead waterfowl
Owners should also make sure that the animal does not nibble on dead water birds such as ducks or geese. These can contain bacteria called clostridia, which can lead to poisoning. If the dog has eaten poultry carrion, it should be taken to the vet within the next 30 minutes. This will try to induce vomiting in the dog.
When dogs eat sand and excrement
If your four-legged friend is constantly on the lookout for something edible and eats things that are indigestible and harm it, it is first important to find out the reasons for this. If the dog eats excrement, sand or stones, for example, there may be a deficiency symptom. In most cases it is a mineral deficiency that can easily be treated by the veterinarian.
If dogs eat carrion or horse manure, this is in most cases no problem for their digestion. They have a different digestive system and highly concentrated stomach acid.
- Has Trump ever bribed officials
- How do you say Jump in Bengali
- Share Trump and Putin information
- What is not Mendelian genetics
- Why are student-teacher relationships obsolete?
- Will Ubuntu work for my startup?
- What's faster than lightning
- Why do people normalize introversion
- Why are there no natural oligosynthetic languages
- How many Facebook users install applications
- Who provides the plastic surgeon's mailing lists
- Which country is the founder of SHAREit
- Who is in good shape
- What is cyber surveillance
- How do I apologize to a child
- Is sodium reactive or not
- In which season do cyclones usually occur
- What can digital printing do better?
- How should I distinguish myself in the Extempore
- What should I visit in Manchester UK
- What do spark plug cables do
- Quora How many users does Quora have
- What is fragile ammunition good for?
- What is an air blower
- What dried fruits make our brain hot
- The sun becomes a black hole
- What kind of insect is that in my garden
- What's your rating of Xcode
- What material is used to manufacture valves
- How do medical translation services work
- Can I subscribe to Mailchimp manually?
- What is a network intrusion detection system