What does a Fahrenheit scale measure
Convert degrees Fahrenheit to
Degrees Celsius and vice versa
History of the origin of Fahrenheit and Celsius
A Swedish astronomer by the name of Anders Celsius presented the temperature scale that would later be widely used. He used the temperature at which water freezes and boils as a fixed point. The result is a scale from 0 ° C to 100 ° C. After his death, his friend von Linné introduced the modern Celsius scale.
Fahrenheit came about in a completely different way. The Dane Olé Rømer measured the lowest temperature he could produce. He set this as a fixed point of 0 ° Fahrenheit and wanted to avoid negative numbers. As a top fixed point, he set body temperature at 100 ° F. This is how the scale came about that is still in use today. This scale is still the standard today, especially in America.
Ratio of Fahrenheit to Celsius
It is difficult for a German to imagine Fahrenheit as 0 ° F equals -17.8 ° C. 100 ° F corresponds to 37.8 ° C. The 100 ° steps are distributed differently in Fahrenheit than in Celsius. One ° F corresponds to approx. 0.56 ° C. So it's hard to imagine what temperatures feel like for those who are unfamiliar with the particular system.
Formulas and help for converting Fahrenheit and Celsius
There are a few simple rules of thumb and tips to get an idea about Fahrenheit:
- The body temperature of 37 ° Celsius corresponds to approx. 100 ° Fahrenheit. So you can simply link these two numbers in your head.
- 61 ° F is 16 ° C - as a German you only have to remember the 16 and the other way around it is 61 ° F
- 82 ° F is 28 ° C - it's the same here. If you remember the 28, you know that at around 80 ° F you are well dressed with a T-shirt.
Of course there are also official formulas for conversion. However, these are a bit bulky and therefore extremely unsuitable for everyday use:
- ° C = (° F - 32) * 5/9 (from Fahrenheit to Celsius)
- ° F = ° C * 1.8 + 32 (from Celsius to Fahrenheit)
Imprint Data Protection
- What is a contour interval
- A narcissist can't be a cheater
- Is there any merit for alternative medicine
- Is Goenka's Vipassana the right method
- Which is the best college to go to
- Various therapies can reduce autism
- Why not more conservatives support the impeachment
- What do you think of parapsychology
- People are still using Skype in 2018
- Why are braces so expensive
- What is the future of music magazines
- When is love alarming
- All mobile apps are made for cell phones
- How is Mark Cuban personally
- Which companies use Go
- What is the standard unit of capacity
- How do teenagers choose their friends
- Have you heard of the band Tauk?
- What is the future of Facebook pages
- What excites you about getting married?
- Should I join Tumblr?
- When is the next ICAR exam
- Windows 10 tablet mode saves battery life
- What are the best Viagra pills online
- How were quarks discovered
- What is the cutoff of VNIT Nagpur
- What is a lets play video
- How do you see this logo
- Is the Bible homophobic
- What can I put in my salad
- What are some examples of liquidity
- How was the AIPMT re-test in 2015
- Is a cheesy burger really unhealthy?