Which is better boxing or tennis
Tennis strength training: this is how you prevent muscular imbalances
HAMMER:Stefan, how do muscular imbalances arise in tennis?
Stefan Düll: When playing tennis, the main loads are the arms, shoulders and back. For example, muscles on the striking arm that move the shoulder girdle forward are overstrained. With constant stress, these structures stick together and tighten and this leads to an incorrect posture position in the shoulder. In addition, various muscles that move the shoulder girdle backwards tend to weaken.
HAMMER:Very few amateur tennis players rely on balancing exercises in addition to tennis training. Why are these so important? What can be the consequences of too one-sided exposure?
Stefan Düll: The most common problems tennis players face are shoulder and back pain. Many also have knee problems - in the end, of course, every joint can be affected. The human body is a compensatory miracle. If you make a wrong movement while playing tennis, problems do not have to arise immediately - so-called microtraumas can build up on one another due to incorrect loads. If the body can no longer compensate for this, the injury may occur overnight. In order to prevent this, one should therefore always ensure that the stressed structures are constantly treated, i.e. kept free from adhesions and tension - and the weakened muscles are trained on the opposite side.
HAMMER:You play tennis yourself. Have you already felt the consequences of the muscular imbalances?
Stefan Düll: Of course I was affected by it myself. In principle, everyone is affected - whether playing tennis, sitting at the computer or, like me, often standing at the treatment bench. Due to my experience in the job, I am of course relatively well under control. At the gym, I do a health regimen for myself to counteract my bad posture at work.
HAMMER:A health program usually makes the most sense when it is tailored to the individual. Can you still give us some training tips to prevent imbalances?
Stefan Düll: I think a lot of people make the mistake of just going to the gym and doing random exercises on machines that are often counterproductive. In my opinion, it is important to work on the core muscles - the deep abdominal and back muscles, the pelvic floor and the diaphragm. This is the center of the body and the base from which everything is influenced. Here the nervous system runs through the spine. When all joints are in the right position or everything can be easily controlled, the extremities function better. First of all, you should start with a posture correction and make sure that the hips, lumbar, thoracic, cervical spine and shoulders are in the correct position.
- Why do people actually hate love
- A strict monopoly of force is necessary
- What is the continuous time signal
- What are informal barriers to trade
- How do you spot fake environmentalists
- What language is Korean closely related to
- What is virtual memory direct access
- What is Sam Hunt's most successful song
- Top 10 software development companies in Bangladesh
- Are the Europeans more stylish? Especially the southern Europeans
- Which Pringles flavors are vegan
- What is the difference between agriculture and horticulture
- What is Jacksepticeye's email address
- How can I improve my college
- Who leaked pictures from iPhone 11
- What is cumbersome
- What animals are afraid of rhinos?
- What a defense attorney does
- Do you like the Realme X smartphone
- Abortion can lead to infertility
- What do you dislike most about Discworld?
- Is peanut oil good for your health?
- What is a financial emergency in India
- How can you fry fish fingers?
- What is 40 of 5
- Excessive coughing can harm an unborn child
- What are the best tuner cars
- Is polytechnic better than biotech engineering
- Is the ECOWAS an instrument of EU influence
- Is IGBT bidirectional
- Marijuana makes people lazy
- Can unpopular Quorans become top writers?
- What is a trust fund for private use