Why doesn't every company advertise
Good advertising is not expensive!
Small business owners are reluctant to devote themselves to advertising on the side. The result: self-designed advertisements, absurd business directory entries, costly websites with every imaginable bells and whistles as well as random placements in advertising papers and regional daily newspapers. Or, especially in economically difficult times, there is no advertising at all.
Nevertheless: There are no successful companies that can do without advertising. On the contrary: Particularly successful companies are particularly expensive for advertising.
This is more important than ever, especially in times of crisis. You need to tell your customers that you are worth hiring and why. The following applies: Even with small advertising budgets, great success can be achieved.
Rule of thumb: Your advertising has to be different, it has to stand out from the run-of-the-mill advertising of established companies and, above all, it has to be noticed. Don't just rely on word of mouth.
In order for your advertising to be successful, you should avoid the following five cost traps and instead rely on cheap advertising that will really bring you new customers.
1. Cost trap: Place expensive advertisements at random
The advertiser for the regional advertising paper calls on Fridays, persuades you to place a medium-sized advertisement for € 800 plus VAT and gives you a generous 25% discount.
But the disillusionment usually follows immediately: The € 600 advertisement does not bring you a single customer, not even a request.
The mistake: Placing an advertisement without a specific offer is a waste of money if you only advertise with your company name, address and a list of your services - possibly on one page of the advertising paper or the regional daily newspaper on which all of your competition is also present.
Better: You only place ads to draw the attention of potential customers to a specific offer.
With Google ads on the Internet, you can also advertise your customers in a much more targeted manner. For cents you can use this popular search engine to address customers and their needs - nationally or specifically regionally.
2. Cost trap: Entries in business directories
An eye-catching business directory entry with a border, multi-color print and extra size is money to be thrown away in most cases. Such an entry quickly costs you € 1,500 and more per year - often without generating additional sales.
The mistake: Printed yellow pages are out, especially among young people. Nowadays these are mostly only used to quickly look up the address or telephone number of a well-known company.
Better: Limit yourself to the - in most cases - free basic registration.
At most, an entry on a specialized, often used Internet platform, e.g. B. "Who delivers what" for industry and its suppliers: www.wlw.de.
The numerous free directories available on the Internet can do no harm either. Many industry associations and regional advertising associations have installed such platforms.
3. Cost trap: large advertising campaigns
Many entrepreneurs do everything right, run a large advertising campaign for a specific occasion, for example for a new product line, but pay for it entirely out of their own pocket.
The mistake: You don't have to create every advertisement yourself or pay for it in full.
Better: Take advantage of supportive offers from industry and brand manufacturers or from associations and guilds in the form of advertising subsidies. Advertising associations open up further savings opportunities. Instead of money, some manufacturers offer ready-made advertisements or images.
4. Cost trap: Social commitment in the regional environment
You support church congregations, (sports) clubs and non-profit institutions in your region through donations.
The mistake: A donation gives you a tax refund, but no advertising effect.
Better: You sponsor clubs in a targeted manner, for example by paying the youth team a complete set of jerseys with an advertising print or by supporting the raffle of a home for the disabled with a donated main prize.
5. Cost trap: Complex website
Having your own website is an absolute must. But many let themselves be persuaded to have an expensive homepage with a Flash intro and lots of technical gadgets.
The mistake: An elaborate homepage with many technical extras costs a lot of money, but does not bring you any advantages as a craftsman.
Better: Your internet presence only fulfills a few requirements, is inexpensive to create and maintain and brings your customers useful value, e.g. B. Service information.
Checklist for your advertising strategy
- Advertise according to target groups: Only those who know their target group as well as their needs and preferences can reach them with the right advertising in the right advertising medium. Therefore: First analyze your target group exactly
- Get to know your competition: What does the competitor's range of products and services look like? Which advertising media do they prefer?
- Present your company with a uniform appearance: With a uniform image to the outside world (corporate identity), you have greater advertising success.
- Do not advertise products / services, but solutions for your customers: Today's customers are looking for solutions to their problems.
- Highlight a specific message in your advertising: Show or tell your customers why they should buy from you or your product. Do not exaggerate.
- Plan a sufficiently large advertising budget: Plan for the long term, but opt for advertising media in the short term after its success. Don't skimp on the design
- Set aside at least 15% of your annual advertising budget for short-term measures: In advertising, it is important to react quickly
- Rely on your own customer file: Record the names and addresses of your customers. In this way, you can carry out inexpensive direct advertising campaigns, send personal birthday wishes or invite you to special occasions (e.g. summer party).
- Support church congregations, (sports) clubs and non-profit institutions in your region in a targeted manner: Those who support this correctly score with their target group.
- Constantly monitor your advertising success: Therefore, ask your customers how they came to you.
- How do you say there in Finnish
- When is a Japanese tea ceremony ready?
- Who provides the plastic surgeon's mailing lists
- When is a Japanese tea ceremony ready?
- What are sitemap links
- What is Monte Carlo Simulation in Statistics
- How does competitive programming affect you
- What is a toxic leadership style
- What don't they tell you about astrophysics
- What is a good affordable tableware set
- How unreal is our reality
- How do I review my investment strategy
- What is your favorite myth from each culture
- What can be done with c c ++
- How can I improve my English 117
- Are squats a good whole body workout
- Why are big entrepreneurs only outside India
- What are the best tuner cars
- Is Magisk better than SuperSU
- Hard drives store data permanently
- What is Indias Stand in Space Science
- Is Colorado like Switzerland
- Where do Donald Trump's ancestors come from?
- On which medium does E. coli grow