How do I calculate the equity ratio
Calculate the equity ratio
Important key figure in terms of financing and security
In the media, people often speak of the equity share, and that applies to the economy as a whole. What is usually meant is that the companies have too little equity, which represents a considerable risk if the next economic crisis comes and sales decline. Because then the dependency is all the greater.
Calculation of the equity ratio (or equity ratio)
The equity share is calculated quickly and easily and represents another key figure from the area of security in the context of financing. It is generally recommended that the equity share should be at least 20 percent. If the rate is lower, you run the risk of getting into financial difficulties.
The calculation is carried out according to the following scheme:
Equity share = (equity / total capital) * 100
So the amount of equity is compared to the amount of total capital that is available to the company.
Assuming equity of EUR 200,000.00 is shown in the balance sheet and the balance sheet total is one million, then the calculation is
200.000 / 1.000.000 * 100 = 20 %
What does the equity ratio mean in practice?
If you own a very high share of equity, then you are not exposed to the risk of the financier turning the company off, even in the event of a crisis. With low equity coverage and thus high dependency, the danger is already there. On the other hand, too much equity coverage is an economic problem because you then achieve weaker values elsewhere, for example in return on equity.
Conversely, the credit rating is very high and if you have a new business idea, you will hardly have any problems getting money from the bank or finding an investor. Therefore, the share of equity is very important for the statement about the company itself in terms of financing and, above all, its security in financial terms - all the more since there are many companies that can hardly have the necessary equity and therefore are very dependent on donors.
The issue of equity capital is therefore also known to people who otherwise have nothing to do with these financial key figures, because banking institutions have repeatedly criticized the lack of equity capital. Since banks lend large sums of money in the form of loans and other financing options, there is no protection with low own funds, even if you know about the problem. The global financial crisis revealed the problem even more and so the issue of equity capital was so big that many noticed it - after all, it was also about issues such as the security of savings deposits or completed loan payments.
- Mormons believe in God
- Main is a library function
- Can Christians see shows with gay characters
- When does a walk become a hike?
- How can I discipline my cat
- Will the Final Fantasy series ever end?
- Why did someone tell you to shut up?
- Why is LinkedIn required for B2B marketing
- Web entrepreneurs are usually some kind of bastard
- Hooponopono is effective in physical healing
- What is CTBT Why was it created
- Is the study of literature scientific?
- Why should I care about prime numbers?
- Why are there salary caps in sports?
- How do you see Hulu in Germany
- How do I begin to speak fearlessly in public?
- Is LVT soil good
- Why is the French keyboard layout different
- How do I solve paper without studying
- Is ethanoic acid, organic or inorganic acid
- How can a girl be cold-hearted
- What do you rate potato mash sauce
- Where can I find inspiring podcasts
- Are vitamin C tablets safe for children
- What is the feeling of puppy love
- Why can't you stand Marvel movies anymore
- What do the Chinese think of Ai Weiwei?
- What kind of adventure sports are there in Uttarakhand
- Who is Karnam Malleshwari
- How's out of Bangalore Academy
- Are meat eaters bad people
- Ass is the British favorite word
- What is the best food sensitivity test