How can I check my UA?
Orientational balance test
When examining balance, various methods are used to check the function of the sense of balance. In this way, it can be clarified, among other things, whether the dizziness is caused by disorders of the organ of equilibrium (vestibular apparatus). Here are some of the possible testing procedures:
At the Romberg experiment the patient has to stand on both legs with his eyes closed. If he shows a tendency to fall, there is probably a disorder of the sense of balance.
At the Trying to step after Unterberger the patient has to march in one place for 1-3 minutes with his eyes closed. If the patient deviates by more than 45 ° in 50 steps, the result is considered abnormal.
With a so-called Attempt to show For example, the patient holds both arms horizontally away from his body with his eyes closed. He then has to try to tap the tip of his nose with an index finger. Or the doctor and patient sit opposite each other with arms straight out. Then the patient has to raise his arms with his eyes closed and hit the doctor's fingertips again. Depending on how these tests turn out, initial conclusions can be drawn about possible disorders of the organ of equilibrium.
To be done for further diagnosis Investigations of the so-called nystagmus: Involuntary, rhythmic eye twitching that may indicate the cause of the dizziness. This includes, for example caloric rinse, in which the ear canals are individually rinsed once with cold and once with warm water. It is the most important method for examining the peripheral organ of equilibrium separately from one side. The change in temperature causes fluid movement in the semicircular canals, which in turn triggers nystagmus. This is registered via video glasses or electrically.
At the Swivel chair test the patient sits on a swivel chair with video glasses and is rotated in one direction for 20-30 seconds. His nystagms are recorded. Then the rotation goes in the other direction for the same time as before. The nystagmen are also noted here. Finally, the results of the two directions of rotation are compared with one another. Of course, your hearing must also be checked, as the balance and hearing organs transmit their signals to the brain via the same nerve (vestibulocochlear nerve).
- What was Hitler doing in Finland?
- How bad was the WhatsApp hack
- Can an astrological prediction be scientifically verified?
- Bob Marley died on the stage
- Do train attendants really say All Aboard
- How can technology help students
- Why does a dog keep following me
- Why did Europe choose multiculturalism?
- What is the atomic number of ytterium
- Could Tunisia be a startup nation?
- Water spills in space
- Did Moses eat meat
- What are some great podcasts for Android
- What plants live a very long time
- Which pictures motivate you to eat healthily
- How did Mary Todd Lincoln die
- Explain different sanitation systems
- Can Adrian Lamo hack Facebook profiles
- Will Tesla make non-electric vehicles
- Jaitely is a Punjabi surname
- How do anomers and epimers differ?
- Let's control our surroundings
- How do I install Fancyimpute in Anaconda
- What is Vietri ceramics