Fishing is allowed in Coorg Karnataka
Dubare Elephant Camp, Coorg
- Famous for: Elephant Conservation, Wildlife Safari, Photography, Adventure Sports, Family Outing, Educational Trip, Bird Watching, and Wildlife Research
- Entrance fee: Boat transport to the main camp costs INR 20 per head.
- Elephant fun activities: INR 800 (for Indians), INR 1,437 (for foreigners); This package includes interactive sessions with tamed elephants and horse rides.
- Day stay: INR 1,447 (for Indians), INR 1,690 (for foreigners); It includes food, coracle boat ride, elephant rides, and camera fees. Taxes may apply.
- Visiting times:30 to 11 a.m. and 4.30 p.m. to 5.30 p.m. (including 1 hour elephant ride)
- Visit duration: It takes about 3 hours to fully explore.
Dubare elephant camp is an elephant winter garden with a training camp, located in the Coorg / Kodagu district of Karnataka and 15 km from the mainland of Kushalnagar. This delta island was naturally created by the Cauvery River and is surrounded by lush green dense forest. The Karnataka Forestry Department oversees the management of this wildlife center. It is home to the famous Asian black elephants.
- Catering service - only North and South Indian cuisine
- Luxury cottages with built-in bathrooms
- Public toilets
- Drinking water system
- Video / camera allowed
Official phone number: + 91-080-5586154
- you are not allowed Carry ammunition and firecrackers.
- Hunting and campfires are strict forbidden.
- Follow the rules, directions, and signs on this site.
- Do not venture outside the campsite after sunset.
- Inform authorized personnel and get prior permission before setting out on a hike on your own.
- Avoid irritating the elephants even when they are trained.
- Pay attention to the cleanliness and holiness as needed.
- Pack flashlights, First aid kitand insect repellants for emergencies.
Things to do
- Learn Elephants and camp history & its functions by elephant trainers (mahouts) or naturalists.
- View, learn, and assist mahouts in bathing, scrubbing, and oiling trained elephants.
- Lining Pieces of sugar cane, jaggery, banana and other food for elephants with your hands.
- Enjoy Elephant ride, jungle safari and bird watching. Don't forget to bring binoculars too.
- Treat yourself to adventure sports like Rafting, coracle rides and trekkingafter paying the fee.
- You can leave fishing, Here. However, you will need prior approval from the authorized department. Interestingly, you have to put your catch back into the same waters.
- To take Photographs and videos to capture the beauty of this place as well as your fun moments.
- Enjoy delicious Indian dishes in buffet form in the open Gol Ghar. Non-vegetarian food is also served here.
Availability of guides
Here you can hire local guides to help you navigate forest trails when you go on a hike.
Best travel time
September, October, November, December, January, February and March are ideal months to visit this training camp. However, if you are looking for some rafting, be sure to come here between July and September.
How to achieve
Travel by road routes from Kushalnagar or Sidhhapura. Rent a jeep or sturdy vehicle to reach the river. You can also travel from Madikeri, which is 18 miles from this jungle reserve. From there, rent a boat to get to the campsite. Mysore Railway Station and Mangalore Airport are 100 km and 180 km from this location, respectively.
Interesting facts and trivia about camp
- Its trained elephants take part in the prestigious annual event of Mysore Dussehra.
- Various species of endangered deer, snakes, peacocks and crocodiles also live near the forest.
- Jungle Lodges & Resorts Limited manages the cabins and cottages available to its visitors.
- Valnoor fishing camp
- coffee pot
- Shanthi bites
- Rangoli Multicuisine Restaurant
- Fish curry rice
- Coorg Planters Court
- Hotel Crown Grand family restaurant
Dubare elephant camp attracts not only elephant lovers, but also nature conservationists and nature photographers, but also college visitors and families in large numbers. You can play with baby elephants and frolic with them in shallow river waters. The breathtaking sunset, the cool breeze and the sight of playful ivory giants will inspire you and marvel at the wonders of mother nature!
Have fun with Gentle Giants!
- Why do some teenagers take cigarettes
- When did slavery end in the north?
- What's a good nickname for Emily
- How are index fossils used
- You can buy Borderlands 3 on Steam
- What is the Best Video Conferencing Hardware
- How does someone become perfect
- What are the most wanted features in LMS
- What is the most underrated electric car
- Why don't my children love me
- Why is there still FriendFeed
- Is neutral driving safe
- Can I know more about indiscriminate awareness?
- Where can I find inspiring podcasts
- What is a shiplap board
- Why do positive people always suffer
- Can I trade with my MacBook Pro?
- Why do naga sadhus smoke weed
- What do you mean by DHCP
- What are the best recruiting platforms
- Where did Olympic sport come from?
- Batman takes steroids
- Is Batman returns a Christmas movie
- How do musicians remix the music of other musicians?