What is plant 4
C.4- Plants bind CO2 better than C3-Plants. They have adapted to warmer regions with higher light irradiation, i.e. tropical and subtropical climates.
Plants normally close their stomata when the ambient temperature is high in order to limit water loss through transpiration. However, this reduces the uptake of CO2 difficult for photosynthesis. C.4Plants have therefore developed a mechanism to remove even the smallest amounts of CO2 to be able to use.
In contrast to C3-Plant is the first intermediate product of photosynthesis at C4- Plants - oxaloacetate - made up of four carbon atoms. With the help of the enzyme PEP carboxylase, CO2 particularly effectively bound.
C.4-Plants can build up more biomass in less time than C when exposed to high light and high temperatures3-Plants. Accordingly, C4-Plants mainly found in dry locations. Especially grasses and crops such as amaranth, millet, corn and sugar cane use the C4-Photosynthesis.
See also: C4-Photosynthesis, C3-Plants and CAM plants, CAM photosynthesis.
For further reading:
More about photosynthesis:
- What is trading liquidity
- How does competitive programming affect you
- Most classifieds websites are a scam
- Can people work together at Storify
- What's green and in your wallet
- Why dogs sleep easily
- Should I build my own mountain bike?
- Which chapters fall under mechanics
- How do scientists create biological viruses
- What are the Tony Awards
- What does a person do right
- Architecture is the most difficult degree
- What are 5 facts about your father
- How will Vivo earn in IPL
- What is legal advice
- What do you think of Mili's music
- It is as waterproof as it is impermeable
- What is a fake cobra
- Which continents are connected to each other
- How do I become a philanthropist
- What cannot be the values of the pH
- Which places are hiring now
- What is used for tally
- Why does America not focus on environmental problems