How can we exchange ideas about technology
Find a business idea: These 10 creativity techniques will help
# 6 Find a business idea with a cluster
Cluster is the English word for "tuft" or "group" and that is exactly what defines this creativity technique. With clustering you take a large sheet of paper and write the topic in the middle - similar to the creativity technique mind mapping (see # 5). In the group or alone, the associations are noted outside. The main difference to the creativity technique mind map is that not categories but associations are described.
So if we were to draw a mind map for this post "creativity techniques", the subcategories would be, for example:
- The best creativity techniques
- Advantages and disadvantages of creativity techniques
- No Go's of creativity techniques
With the creativity technology cluster, on the other hand, we would think less structured, but write down all the associations. For example: Finding an idea, spinning around, funny ideas, crazy ideas, technology and creativity - do they even fit together?
# 7 With the 6-3-5 creativity technique to 108 ideas
The creativity technique 6-3-5 stands for
- 6 participants
- 3 ideas and
- Pass 5 times.
The basis for the creativity technique is a piece of paper that each participant receives. There is a table on it with three columns and six rows. Each participant writes down three ideas (one per column) in 3 to 5 minutes and then passes the sheet on. The successor complements these ideas or writes similar ones. In the end, the creativity technique creates 108 ideas - or ideally a really useful business idea.
Let's take the example of "business idea" to illustrate the creativity technique. Person 1 writes in the table "Ice Cream Parlor" (Column 1) - "Café" (Column 2) - "Bar" (Column 3). Person 2 then adds "Ice cream parlor with winter varieties" (column 1) - "Child-friendly café" (column 2) - "Bar with international cocktails" (column 3) in the line below. Person 3 would then also have to specify in the line below or convert the idea into "Ice cream parlor with a Hawaiian motto." The respective ideas are thus further developed step by step using the creativity technique.
# 8 creativity technique flip-flop: once on the head
The flip-flop method, also known as the headstand method, consists of four steps. With this creativity technique you turn a task around, look for solutions for the task, then turn the solution around again and derive concrete results from it. The creativity technique makes the participants rethink and often leads to crazy ideas. This can lead to unexpected ideas, but just as easily lead to nothing if things come naturally to the implementation of the creativity technique.
Let's take the example: "What do we have to do to make our product sell?" With the headstand method, you would think about what to do in order not to sell the product. Ideas would arise such as "do not advertise", "bring a bad product onto the market or one that already exists", "do not use XY (e.g. a supermarket) as a sales channel". You will later turn these reformulated points around and put them in more concrete terms: You advertise with ..., your product is particularly good because ..., you definitely use supermarket XY.
# 9 Osborn checklist: You can always do better
As a rule, you only use the Osborn checklist when you already have a basic idea. This creativity technique is used for the improvement and precision of products or ideas. The Osborn checklist contains a number of questions that must be answered in any order. The answers will then give you new ways of thinking.
The questions on the Osborn checklist are:
- Other use? Are there any alternatives or alternative uses if the product is customized? Or is it used for a different target group?
- To adjust? Is there anything like it? With the same function? Similar material or appearance? Who can I copy, imitate or recreate? Are there parallels to an existing product?
- Modify? Other shapes, colors, tones, smells, feelings?
- Enlarge? For example, you can enlarge the period, the frequency, the stability, the height or thickness, a value, ingredients, the amount, etc.
- Zoom out? Think about what is unnecessary. Reducing also means making something compact or condensing, omitting something or shortening it.
- Replace? Have you ever thought about new ingredients, ingredients, materials, processes, locations, sounds?
- Rearrange? A new layout, a different order, a different pace, a different process flow, a better effect - all of this can optimize products or ideas.
- Turn into the opposite? How about the opposite? Have you ever turned it upside down? Rolled up from behind? Swap roles? Turned the tables?
- Combine? Maybe it's the mix that makes it? You can combine intentions, demands, ideas, approaches, areas of application, etc.
# 10 With a recipe to success: cake method
Gather the ingredients, mix them, let the dough rest, process it, put it in the oven and the cake is ready. The creativity technique cake method works in a similar way to cake baking. Using this creativity technique, you collect all the ingredients - thoughts and ideas, structure the ideas and let them rest for a day in order to add new, perhaps unexpected, thoughts the next day. In short, this creativity technique says one thing above all: you cannot force ideas. Sometimes creative breaks and structure help.
No creativity technique helps - what can I do?
As the cake method shows, sometimes you can't force creativity - not even through creativity techniques. Breaks, changes of location and structure can help. Take the time for a walk or a change of location. Use mind maps to sort thoughts and get new ones. Exchange ideas with friends, family or employees / co-founders to develop your ideas further. You can of course also combine different creativity techniques.
Absolute no-go's when using creativity techniques are:
- General criticism "does not work anyway"
- Adhering to traditions, established rules or fixed processes "we have always done it this way"
- Dramatization of the risks "this is practically impossible"
- Regarding the personality "you can never do that"
So you should define framework conditions right from the start, sort of rules of the game for your creativity technique.
Conclusion: which creativity technique is the best?
There is no such thing as "the" right creativity technique. To find an idea, brainstorming (alternatively: brainwriting and brainwalking) is one of the most established creativity techniques. A mind map or relevance tree analysis are suitable creativity techniques to structure the idea. If you have the feeling that you have to think outside the box, you should test creativity technique # 4, # 6, # 8 or # 9.
When it comes to getting as much inspiration as possible, the 6-5-3 method is ideal. Are you stuck with your idea? The cake method sounds banal, but it is often the secret recipe. A mix of different creativity techniques can also help you. And a tip at the end: If you want to find a business idea with one of these creativity techniques, the examination of the idea afterwards is definitely relevant for you.
Do the business idea check with our free Business Model Canvas Tool.Continue reading
As editor-in-chief, René Klein has been responsible for the content of the portal and all publications by Für-Gründer.de for over 10 years. He is a regular interlocutor in other media and writes numerous external specialist articles on start-up topics. Before his time as editor-in-chief and co-founder of Für-Gründer.de, he advised listed companies in the field of financial market communication.
- Is Goku more powerful than Marvel
- Is Vande Bharat express train good
- Why is care separated from nature
- What is two plus infinity
- What is Divine International
- In which language is the WhatsApp application created
- How is a speed change calculated
- How do chain reactions occur
- What's your opinion on Morrowind
- How is lying seen in your culture
- Where to Buy Synthetic Marijuana
- Can Greece invade Turkey?
- How does the offline internet work
- Will AirPods 2 work with Samsung
- Is staged Gordon Ramsays Kitchen Nightmares
- Quora automatically recognizes badly formatted text
- Is the board result above expectations?
- How search engines get paid
- What is the most environmentally friendly tampon
- Can I do cpl after bsc aviation
- Why does it hum like a habit
- Electricity was discovered
- How is the Paris transport
- Can do food technology commercial student