How do I diagnose memory leaks
Are you running out of space on your startup disk for application storage?
I bought a new Macbook Pro (8.3) last April and used it extensively for Xcode development, and little else.
A message popped up this morning:
"Your Mac OS X startup disk is out of space for application storage."
Then it will be suggested to close applications and remove files from my startup disk.
I suppose this means virtual memory, but my hard drive has 600.26GB available on my hard drive, according to Finder. I also connected a time machine backup disk to the computer, but there is 664GB available.
What does this message mean if there is enough space left on the primary hard drive?
I have 8 GB of RAM, a 750 GB hard drive and OS X 10.6.8. If any of the other system information is relevant, please let me know.
I've seen this message in programs like Photoshop that have their own virtual memory systems instead of just assuming that the operating system can handle the RAM and memory allocation.
A restart should help. (Starting in Safe Mode may be helpful if you want to do a full hard drive repair run and then want to restart normally.)
I had the exact same problem. Running "Repair Permissions" in Disk Utility resolved the problem.
My problem was likely caused by using CleanMyMac messing around with the booth system and app folders.
If you have a relatively new HP printer, the software that came with it can cause a massive memory leak. I have a 2 year old 27 "Core i7 iMac that suddenly gave the same error message. I traced it back to the HP software. After completely removing the HP software, the error never came back. HP didn't have this problem yet fixed http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Mac-Printing-and-Scanning/HP-Device-Monitor-takes-130-of-CPU-and-800MB-of-RAM-while-idle/td -p / 655701
I had slightly bad memory that occasionally crashed the system. Because of this, I reset the original memory and have not received this error since then.
In my case, it's probably related to bad RAM, strange as that may seem.
- How do I integrate WebRTC in VR
- What percentage of Americans live in cities?
- What is a randomized controlled experiment
- Heartbreak makes people stronger
- Universities can revoke degrees
- Who did Michael Jackson call
- Johnson's baby powder causes cancer
- Should I study music
- How do some bicycle power meters work
- Is Reiki helpful for children with special needs
- How do AirPods compare to Powerbeats
- What's your favorite neighborhood in Juneau
- Why are there digital rights
- How stressful it is to be an investment banker
- Why is Krishna a mythological character
- In Greek mythology what is the agide
- Can liposuction kill someone?
- What is objectively the best Macy's sale
- How big is a chinook
- How do you see this logo
- How many types of granite are there
- What are geraniums good for?
- Bitcoin prices are driven by rumors
- Who is Jessica Yaniv
- Is circumcision good or bad?
- What does the word mi querida mean
- How can I find jobs in Jaipur
- Is Donald Trump a total loser
- Which viscosity is more water or gasoline
- Are you selfless
- What is the functional protein of cells
- Which pants go with a white shirt
- Who killed Baghdadi