Why are there so many taxes
Why do we pay taxes?
What happens to the tax money?
Administration and defense are paid for with tax money, roads and hospitals are built, pensions and social benefits are paid for, schools and universities are financed. And national debts are being repaid.
The Central Statistical Office publishes every year how the state has spent tax money: Government expenditure by function.
Who determines what is paid?
The decision of what to do with the tax money is made by the politicians who are responsible for government spending. You draw up a budget for each year that is passed in parliament, that is, it has to be decided. Then they try not to spend more than planned.
Citizens cannot determine what happens to their tax money. Taxes are paid without being entitled to individual consideration. Many citizens are annoyed (also because of this) about taxes: Not all of them agree with the decisions of politicians. But you can't choose whether to pay or not. It is a legal obligation.
Taxes existed in ancient times
Taxes are not a modern invention. It has always existed in some form, as “tribute”, “customs” or “tithe”, which is already mentioned in the Bible. And the ingenuity of politicians as to what could be taxed has always been very great.
When the Roman Empire was in dire financial straits, Emperor Vespasian (born 9 - died 79) introduced a tax on public toilets. His justification for this, “Pecunia non olet” (money doesn't stink), is historically proven and is a popular phrase today.
How do you pay less tax?
Paying taxes simply not - or to a lesser extent - is prohibited. Tax evasion is not a trivial offense, but is strictly punished.
But you can legally reduce your tax burden by deducting expenses from tax. How this works is described in the tax book of the Ministry of Finance. It's definitely worth it, even if you only earn money with a summer job.
- Why do people like common girls
- How do I sing more precisely
- Does Liverpool deserve the Champions League title
- Why don't pools overflow when it rains?
- Why do people take advantage of it
- Who is the next Indian superstar
- How do I program Raspberry Pi 3
- Legal proceedings should use forensic science
- What is worse jungle war or trench war
- Are gift cards worth buying
- What do you think of Finnish education?
- Treats Amoxicillin UTI
- Is there an iPhone version of the parallel room
- How is the quality of the Zager guitars
- MyPat is not suitable for 10th grade students
- What are the steps in the demand forecast
- How the Faculty of the NIIT is recruited
- Is your face easy to hurt
- How long does a motherboard last
- Is a fever your friend or enemy
- Why do we feel good at concerts?
- Why doesn't a guy admit he's wrong
- How can I access big data information
- What is a shape
- How was the personality of Stefan Cel Mares
- What is a secular moralist
- How do I implement lda
- Do you like Ronaldo's free kick
- What will Evernote's next product be
- Can I make toast in the microwave?
- Are there any questions that have not yet been asked
- Which is better FreeSync or Gsync
- Streaming TV services will kill terrestrial television
- Why do some people hate Slumdog Millionaire