Which countries are for Israel
Hanisauland: Lexicon @todo: from Preprocess
- Official name:
- State of Israel
- Jerusalem (not internationally recognized)
- New Israeli shekel
- Hebrew, Arabic, English (business language)
- National holiday:
- Independence Day (the date changes every year, as it is celebrated according to the Jewish calendar)
Israel is a small country in the Middle East and borders the Mediterranean Sea to the west. Neighboring countries are Lebanon, Syria, Jordan and Egypt. Israel got its name from Jacob, one of the biblical ancestors of the Jews, whose nickname was "Israel". Thousands of years ago the area of today's Israel was settled. Many of the cities mentioned in the Bible still exist today, but only remnants of others are found.
Two races, many problems
The State of Israel was founded after the Second World War on May 14, 1948. After the persecution during National Socialism, the Jews should be able to live in peace in their own state. But in addition to Jews, there were also Arab Palestinians living in the area, who resisted the establishment of a Jewish state. To this day there are arguments and conflicts between Jews and Palestinians, which are often violent. The Middle East conflict has been going on for many years. Nevertheless, many people have not given up hope that there will be a peaceful solution one day.
Parliament is called "Knesset"
Israel is a democracy. President and Prime Minister are the most important political offices in the state. Parliament is called the Knesset, and parliamentary elections take place every four years. The country's official capital and seat of government is Jerusalem. But many states do not recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. This has to do with the special role the city plays in the Middle East conflict. That is why most of the foreign embassies are in Tel Aviv.
Israel sees itself as a Jewish state. Today around three out of four residents are Jews. Every Jew in the whole world can come to Israel and has the right to live there. Everyday life in Israel is shaped by the Jewish religion. There is no work on the Sabbath, which lasts from Friday evening to Saturday evening. Most of the shops are closed. The working week in Israel starts on Sunday. Many of the rules that apply in Israel have religious roots.
Few raw materials and lack of water
Israel is a technologically advanced country. A lot of money is spent on education, research and science - with great success. Most people work in the public sector, in industry, in tourism or in trade and finance. Military equipment, software, pharmaceuticals, and agricultural products such as fruits, vegetables, and flowers are widely sold abroad. Crude oil, natural gas and coal as well as grain and beef have to be imported. In addition to raw materials, water is also a scarce commodity.
Western wall of the temple
A very important building for Jews is the Jewish temple, which was destroyed 2000 years ago. Today only part of the last retaining wall, the so-called "Western Wall", is still standing. In this place, Jews feel particularly close to God. The believers put notes with prayers and requests in the cracks in the wall and hope for God's help. There are also many holy places in Israel for Christians and Muslims. Christian pilgrims prefer to go to the Church of the Holy Sepulcher, while Muslims are drawn to the Dome of the Rock or the Al-Aqsa Mosque.
The climate and the landscape are very different: there is a dry and hot desert and in the mountains it is warm in summer and cold in winter. On the coast, rain falls in mild temperatures in winter and the air is humid and hot in summer. The Dead Sea is a scenic feature and a popular travel destination for holidaymakers. This is an extremely salty lake in which hardly any living beings can stand.
- What are investment management systems
- Why does Gai look like Rock Lee
- If infinite zero exists, what is IT
- What is the nature of Na2CO3
- Is God enslaved to himself
- How do I coach salespeople effectively
- Are black men really better in bed?
- How do I implement lda
- Which banks offer high-risk merchant accounts?
- What can I buy with subway points
- How do I convert hits into sales
- Was the FDR court a criminal offense
- What is the best speakerphone
- How do you feel about biphobia
- What are some fun high school events
- What are the best Type C headphones
- Is your Kundalini already awakened?
- What's your name in spanish
- When will the voting start in India?
- What are the basics of the technology
- Is Xanax R039 different from Xanax
- What is a Mozilla work week
- Should I buy or sell JCPenney stock?
- How can you be happy from within