How to Learn Flash Game Development
Web development: HTML5 puts Flash on the sidelines
There are several reasons for the general move from Flash to HTML5. However, there are two main arguments: HTML5 has the status of an open web standard and does not require an additional plug-in. While Flash is under the control of Adobe as proprietary software, HTML5 becomes open and independent in one international body developed and documented. The web standard is therefore available to every software developer without restrictions and license conditions.
Multimedia content is over at HTML5 native audio and video elements as well as the Drawing surface canvas integrated directly into the source code of a website. An additional programming interface such as Adobe Flash Player is therefore not required. In this way, HTML5 circumvents a central security gap that Adobe has not yet been able to reliably close: every additional plug-in that has to be installed in the web browser offers hackers a target. In addition, a separate plug-in is required for each platform. Multimedia content that is embedded in a website via HTML5, on the other hand, can be displayed across platforms, since all well-known browsers are now able to interpret HTML5. Even if Adobe wants to continue to support Flash, the technology is unlikely to develop significantly. Instead, the service will likely be limited to providing security updates.
The new multimedia elements of the Hypertext Markup Language not only put Adobe's proprietary software on the sidelines. Also Microsoft's Flash alternative Silverlight, which is offered as a separate plug-in for various browser models, has to admit defeat. Microsoft does without the plug-in interface in the Edge web browser, which was presented together with Windows 10. Instead of Silverlight, HTML5 should primarily be used to display multimedia content. Flash content is also still supported, but like Chrome, the player is no longer a plug-in, but a module integrated into the software.
Website operators should also react to this development and convert Flash content into HTML5-compatible formats.
- What was the worst Oscar win
- Who created or printed money in India?
- What is idle in bicycles
- Is Theresa May a bad politician
- Who creates viruses worms or spyware
- What does Tom mean
- Why do people hear Slayer
- How do immigrants use health care
- What are good guitar finger picks
- How can we generate electricity with sound?
- Can a celebrity crush ruin your life
- Can you hide highlights on Instagram
- Can seeds affect a woman's fertility?
- Which vegetable takes the longest to grow?
- How reliable is human thinking
- Why is it good to judge
- What does it mean to fold your heart
- How long do commercial solar modules last
- What is the sociological curriculum for IAS
- Why is flexibility important to the body
- What is an OR combination
- What is Breed Crossing in Population Genetics
- What is the massage tool
- What does the kiss beetle look like