What are different versions of Mahabharat
How many people heard the Bhagavad Gita in the Mahabharata with Arjuna?
Lord Krishna only gave Arjuna to Srimad Bhagwad Gita and the whole world was in suspended animation at that time. The only exceptions were Sanjaya and Dhritarashtra.
No one talked about Bhagavad Gita at any other time except from Arjuna, who wanted to hear it again, but the request was refused by Lord Krishna!
1) Three contemporaries plus a divine Vedav Vyasa were the audience:
One (Arjuna) heard Srimad Bhagavad Gita right before Lord Krishna. One with divine vision (and ear, both given by Vedav Vyasa) in the Hastinapura palace was also listening (Sanjaya). Another heard the ongoing voice commentary by Sanjaya (the King Dhritarashtra).
These three were the listeners of the Bhagavad Gita when it was delivered.
The sage Vyasa, who knows the past, present and future and later writes Mahabharata (Vyasa Bharata), could have remembered later!
2) Bhagavad Gita, chapter 4, verse 3:
स एवायं मया ते ऽदय यॊगः परॊक्तः पुरातनः भक्तॊ ऽसि मे सखा सखा चेति रहस्यं हय एतद उत्तमम
"sa evayam maya te 'dya yogah proktah puratanah bhakto' si me sakha ceti rahasyam hy etad uttamam"
"This very ancient science about the relationship with the Supreme is told by me today to YOU because you are both my devotee and my friend and therefore you can understand the transcendental mystery of this science."
3) Bhagavad Gita Visvarupa Darsan:
Mahabharata, book 6, chapter 33, verse 9): (Bhagavad Gita, chapter 11, verse 9:
"संजय उवाच एवम उक्त्वा ततॊ राजन महायॊगेश्वरॊ महायॊगेश्वरॊ दर्शयाम आस पार्थाय परमं रूपम ऐश्वरम"
sanjaya uvaca evam uktva tato rajan maha-yogesvaro harih darsayam asa parthaya paramam rupam aisvaram
Sanjaya said: O King, thus spoke the Most High, Lord of all mystical powers, the Personality of Godhead, Arjuna his universal form.
Comment from Sri Sridhara Swami:
After the Supreme Lord Krishna left the supernatural eyes of enlightenment, he showed his almighty, almighty, transcendental Visvarupa or divine universal form. The description of this universal form is what is described in this verse and the next five verses by Sanjaya, who was also given divine sight by Vedavyasa to see it.
(Sanjaya told Dhritarashtra the whole incident. Dhritarashtra only heard the ongoing praise from Sanjaya).
- Bitcoin prices are driven by rumors
- Utilitarians believe this may be right
- What is the most underrated car
- How is sea water converted into drinking water
- How can I write my Upwork profile
- People like a big navel
- Why does the whistling hurt my ears
- What is a kettlebell
- Are drones allowed in Death Valley
- Can a Maine Coon be black
- Arrays are primitive data types
- What are the best tips for language learning
- What are some lesser known Alexa commands
- What do implications mean
- How to make cucumber beets
- What if Apple bought Android?
- Has a light bulb resistance
- Which war was the most one-sided
- What is pleural tuberculosis
- What is the future of SEO content writers
- How are tennis balls made
- What are the best medieval board games
- How do I choose my brush
- What are your company values and why