In Greek mythology what is the agide
6 words, 36 characters
Mythology - Greek Mythology - Attributes
In Meyers Konversations-Lexikon, 1888
In Brockhaus` Konversationslexikon, 1902-1910
see Aegis. ^ [= # IV. Was 20 years old, King 245 BC His plan, the old constitution and the strict old ...]
(Aegis), in Homer the horrific, garish and eerily sparkling shield [* 3] of Zeus, [* 4] the symbol of his anger. It was the work of Hephestus, framed by 100 golden tassels and adorned with the head of the Gorgon in the middle. When Zeus shook the Aegis, it roared like a storm wind, and fear and terror gripped the people. But the Aegis was also the symbol of divine protection, from where the expression still comes today"Under the aegis of someone", s. v. w. under his care. According to more recent legend, the aegis, which Zeus is said to have first used in the fight against the titans, was a goatskin covered with licking snakes [* 6], namely the skin [* 7] of that goat (Greek aix), which raised the young god Crete had suckled. Occasionally Zeus also lends the Aegis to other gods, e.g. B. Apollon, [* 8] Ares [* 9] etc., but especially Athene leads them, [* 10] the favorite daughter of the ¶
Father of gods; yes, in post-Homeric poetry as in the pictorial representations, the aegis is one of the goddess's standing badges. According to the various ideas, the aegis can be found on art monuments, sometimes depicted as armor, with a snake braid and the gorgon head in the middle on the goddess's chest, sometimes as a shield, sometimes as fur thrown over shoulder and arm like a coat. The whole thing is unmistakably based on the idea of the dark, lightning-through thundercloud.
See Stark ("Reports of the Royal [* 12] Saxon Society of Sciences" 1864);
Bader, The Aegis at Homer (»Yearbooks for Philology«, Vol. 117, 1878).end Aegis (2) → page 1.195: Aegisthus ⟹ in the Greek myth son of Thyestes and his own daughter Pelopia, who is in the fortune of the curseadditions from Duden, full text search, context and sources.
* 12 additional pictures:
- Legal proceedings should use forensic science
- What is aghori
- How do hotel franchises work
- What is meant by alleles
- How do I rate content marketing systems
- What do you think about the burnout
- Which government will prevail in Venezuela?
- Is CBP part of the DHS
- Is math compulsory
- Which Quora users do you miss most
- What is Parusia
- How should Asian girls do makeup?
- Who created the term pseudoscience?
- What are genetically modified foods
- What should I pack for NIT Jamshedpur
- Has the Indian Navy seen any action
- Which plants have beautiful leaves?
- Can you live without corn dog sausages
- When do internships at KIIT begin
- How can I see good chess games
- Who garnishes wages
- What is resonance DPP
- Are the people of San Jose friendly?
- What are the best tips for language learning