What is an Otokar Cobra 2
Several Otokar Cobra of the Georgian Army
|crew||1 + 8 (crew transporter variant)|
|Armor and armament|
|Main armament||version dependent|
|Secondary armament||version dependent|
139 kW (189 hp)
|suspension||Wheel suspension 4 × 4|
|Top speed||115 km / h|
|Power / weight||22 kW / t|
The Cobra is a lightly armored amphibious military vehicle produced by the Turkish vehicle manufacturer Otokar.
Table of Contents
The Cobra is a four-wheeled vehicle that is based in many parts on the US HMMWV. The outer shell is a one-piece, downward V-shaped construction.
The vehicle is said to provide protection against small arms fire, shrapnel, mines and explosives. The Cobra carries a weapon turret from the Israeli company Rafael and can be equipped with a number of different equipment, so that it can be used as a reconnaissance, patrol, command and ambulance vehicle, and to a lesser extent as a troop transport, anti-aircraft vehicle or tank destroyer. It is also possible to equip it with a radar location system. Among other things, the Cobra can be equipped with anti-tank weapons of the TOW and Spike types, light anti-aircraft missiles, a 20 mm automatic cannon or a machine gun.
The successor to the Cobra is the Cobra II presented in May 2013. Otokar announced in December 2015 that the first orders for the Cobra II had been signed.
In 1997 the first Cobras were delivered to the Turkish army. The vehicles are used by Algeria, Bahrain, Georgia (around 100 units), the Maldives (five units), Nigeria (almost 200 units), Slovenia (ten units, initially for testing), Pakistan, Turkey (almost 500 units) and the United Arab Emirates.
Categories:Turkish military vehicle | Armored car | Reconnaissance tank | Protected vehicle
Status of information: 11/23/2020 1:45:55 AM CET
Source: Wikipedia (authors [version history]) License: CC-BY-SA-3.0
Changes: All images and most of the design elements associated with them have been removed. Some of the icons have been replaced by FontAwesome icons. Some templates have been removed (such as "Article worth reading", "Excellent article") or rewritten. Most of the CSS classes have been removed or standardized.
Wikipedia-specific links that do not lead to articles or categories (such as "Redlink", "Edit links", "Portal links") have been removed. All external links have an additional FontAwesome icon. In addition to other small design adjustments, media containers, maps, navigation boxes, spoken versions and geo-microformats have been removed.
Important NOTE Since the given content was automatically taken over from Wikipedia at the specified time, manual checking was and is not possible. LinkFang.org therefore does not guarantee the correctness and topicality of the content taken over. If the information is incorrect in the meantime or there are errors in the presentation, we ask you to contact us by: E-Mail.
- How do I think like a Greek
- How can I simply crack NEET 2018
- What are the best prepaid network tariffs
- How do you get the mediocrity
- I practice hinduism. I am communal
- How do I find my chest voice
- All Italian partisans are communists
- How original are Microsoft patents
- How to Convert GIF to PDF
- Will change modes India 1
- Which films contain excerpts from other films
- How does the speed of light change
- Scare you people like robots
- Is it safe in Ferndale Johannesburg
- How does a 4D printer work
- What a great fuck for everyone
- Who shot Greedo or Han Solo first
- Why do people like trends
- What is Dionysian chaos
- What to Expect When Writing a Scholarship
- Are you really enjoying your advertising time
- What is System V.
- Is Wikibuy better than honey
- Which antivirus products slow down the PC