Samsung also abandons Chromebooks
It’s going to start soon: Huawei is leaving the Android world, the Google ban is leading to HarmonyOS
We could see HarmonyOS for the first time this year. A test phase of the Android replacement will start shortly before Christmas.
So far, regardless of the political situation in the USA, it looks difficult that Huawei will only rely on its own software in the long term. You are gradually turning your back on Android. With the Google ban, the platform makes only limited sense for Huawei. The HarmonyOS will already be testable on the first Huawei smartphones in the coming months. Now a few more details about the Chinese manufacturer's immediate timing plans followed.
HarmonyOS is in the early test phase, it could start before Christmas
An early developer version of HarmonyOS is currently being successfully tested, and an available beta version for developers should be available in December of this year. After this public beta phase started in December, users should be able to update some of the already available Huawei devices to HarmonyOS in the spring. Everything voluntarily in an early test phase and maybe only China-only for now.
Huawei announced a few months ago that devices that have already been sold can be upgraded to HarmonyOS. So far, the manufacturer has kept just as much a secret as the expected HarmonyOS user interface. A particularly simple installation process has already been mentioned, but such a company can always promise a lot. So far, Huawei has talked a lot and shown little, which scratches trust.
So far, Huawei has only promised a lot
Meanwhile, things are going downhill with Huawei on installments, and the lack of Google apps is now having an impact on the sales of newer devices. HarmonyOS will not be a salvation either and will hardly be able to fill the hole that is emerging in the western markets, at least that's my rather pessimistic view of things.
Founder and acting boss of SmartDroid.de, blogs here and only here since 2008. All inquiries to me, in the comments or via the linked networks. More from Denny Fischer
- How is MLN Medical College Allahabad
- Why does chickenpox cause belt rose
- Is angel investing profitable
- How long do sprinkler heads last
- How are pasta dried
- What are treatments for recurrent pityriasis rosea
- How to make money online
- Why are people so afraid of bullies
- Why do you play an instrument
- Where are wills read?
- How are megalithic structures dated
- Which subject is the best in biotechnology
- What's next in 3 9 81_
- What should I use for better skin?
- Which books does Richard Mueller read
- Why are there blushes around my stitches
- I'll die at 60
- What do billionaires have in common?
- Has the IDF confessed to molesting Palestinians?
- What is the value of so4
- What is Facebook Depression in Human Psychiatry
- How do you feel during the day
- Why are morals disregarded in war
- Tom Waits would be considered a poet