What is the best food for yoga
Food before and after yoga with power recipes
Small snacks give strength before yoga
The favorite time for my yoga session at home is in the morning. The Sun salutation & Co. I practice before breakfast, because a full stomach doesn't work out well. Larger meals immediately before the yoga practice make you sluggish and stress the organism. It can also lead to stomach ache, gas and stomach pressure. Basically, I recommend that the last large meal should be about two to three hours ago before starting the yoga session. But yoga doesn't always fit early in the morning. I often practice in the afternoon too. So that I don't exercise with a growling stomach and little energy, I treat myself to a light snack about 30 minutes before the asanas. Easily digestible items such as fruit, yoghurt, a small muesli, Energy balls or a handful of almonds is recommended. These are ideal sources of energy before the yoga class and do not put too much strain on the body and digestion. And the good thing is: the cravings for yoga no longer occur.
Eating after yoga
A meal rich in carbohydrates gives me new power and strength. One or two slices of whole grain bread with an avocado or cashew spread and cucumber slices, oatmeal with berries and yoghurt, a tomato salad with whole wheat pasta, Vegetables with cereals or one Ayurvedic vegetable soup be. When it has to go quickly, I prepare a shake with low-fat quark, bananas, peanut butter and oatmeal. A protein-rich meal, in particular, with fish, legumes, lean meat, dairy products and grains, is particularly suitable after an intensive yoga class. The muscles have food to grow and carbohydrates to regenerate.
Drink before and after yoga
Before I go to the yoga class, I like to have a sip of herbal tea or still water. But not too much so that I don't have to visit the quiet place during the session. After a long yoga session, I fill up the empty fluid and energy stores with something to drink immediately afterwards. This compensates for the loss of water and minerals. Mineral water or unsweetened tea provide the body with fluids. A juice spritzer or coconut water also give the body minerals.
I have put together two ideas for what to eat before and after yoga. The great thing about it is that the recipes are easy to prepare and transport. Good Appetite!
These energy balls give power before yoga
Vegan coconut power balls
Preparation time: approx. 20 minutes
Ingredients for approx. 20–24 pieces
50 g dried dates (without stone)
100 g of dried apricots
30 g ground hazelnuts
50 g of tender oat flakes
3 tbsp agave syrup
1 pinch of vanilla powder
10 g desiccated coconut
- Chop the dates and apricots with a lightning chopper or large knife and place in a bowl.
- Add nuts, oat flakes, syrup and vanilla to the dried fruit and knead together until a homogeneous mass is formed.
- Shape the mixture into small balls with your hands and turn them in the desiccated coconut.
This salad provides complex carbohydrates, protein and vital substances. This will allow you to replenish memory and build muscles after yoga.
Pearl barley salad with chickpeas and raspberry dressing
Preparation time: approx. 30 minutes
Ingredients for 2 people
100 g pearl barley
30 g of dried apricots
50 g rocket
1 teaspoon sesame seeds
100 g raspberries
2 tbsp olive oil
1 teaspoon honey
1 tbsp lemon juice
150 g chickpeas (canned, drained)
1 teaspoon black cumin seeds
- Cook the pearl barley in twice the amount of salted water for about 20 minutes until al dente and allow to cool. In the meantime, cut the apricots into small pieces. Wash the rocket, shake dry and cut into small pieces. Mix the pearl barley with the apricots, rocket and sesame seeds.
- Wash raspberries and set half aside. Whisk the other half well with the oil, honey and juice until the raspberries are crushed. Season the dressing with salt and pepper and mix with the salad ingredients. Season again with salt.
- Mix the chickpeas with the black cumin seeds and pour over the salad. Serve the salad sprinkled with the remaining raspberries.
Tip: The salad also tastes good with rice, millet or couscous instead of the quinoa.
- What causes white hard stains on plastic
- Muslims believe in angels
- How do you become a disposable person
- Can chinchillas suffer from depression?
- How do I use YouTube like Spotify
- Why does lemon juice inhibit hiccups
- What does the DTrack
- When will people stop destroying the world?
- Noise is a signal
- Are avocados a good diet food
- What do general practitioners actually do
- Does anyone know some emotion ontologies
- Synesthesia How does synesthesia affect your relationships?
- How do you sell Arbonne
- In Humsafar Express what are the amenities
- Is it worth it to be an altruist
- Is it possible to describe God mathematically?
- There are free Google AdWords campaigns
- Why doesn't a guy admit he's wrong
- Is there a cloud framework
- How does daemonization affect the sector?
- What is the value of sin 2pi
- What is the movie The Uninvited about
- What is 50 50 0 10 20
- What is the Cherokee word for wolf
- What is GNWL WL
- Why do people dive in caves
- What are the cheapest dog breeds
- How can I shop on 1688 com
- Can you simplify 2 x 1
- What is a Pass API
- Is twin telepathy a real thing
- What is the corpuscular theory of light
- How has social media changed your business?