How does the lighting affect the mood?
How light affects our well-being
Whether we are active and full of action or whether we feel tired and sleepy depends to a large extent on light. Light controls our internal clock and gives us a certain rhythm in which waking and sleeping phases alternate. Depending on the brightness and color of the light, certain hormones are formed in the body that make us either wake up or tired. As numerous studies show, light also affects our mood and our performance. Read more about how light affects our physical and emotional wellbeing in the following article.
Light sets the mood
Light or lack of light has a significant influence on our mood. This is particularly noticeable in winter, when the days are short and accordingly there is little daylight. Many people then feel powerless and listless and suffer from mood swings. One speaks of the so-called "winter blues", which affects around 40% of all Germans. If this low mood develops into a seasonal depression, appropriate treatment with light is promising. In fact, today, depression can often be brought under control very well with light therapy - gently, gently and without unpleasant side effects.
Light therapy - a gentle treatment method
With light therapy, the patient sits about one meter away from a light source for up to 60 minutes a day. The light falls on the retina of the eye. As a result, the neurotransmitter serotonin is formed in the brain, which brightens and motivates the mood. Therapeutic lamps imitate natural daylight in terms of brightness, intensity and light color. The radiation signals to the body that it should stop producing melatonin (the so-called "sleep hormone"). Light therapy can ensure that people are awake and active during the day and sleep better at night, thus increasing their well-being and performance.
Light therapy for the home - the Vitalight lamps from Philips
With light therapy devices, for example the Vitalight lamps from Philips, you can easily do something for your well-being at home. With the Vitalight devices, you have the option of meeting your personal daylight needs at any time of the day or year. It makes most sense to start the light treatment in the morning, immediately after waking up, in order to set the internal clock to day. Most people experience improvement in symptoms after a week or two. Even if side effects of light therapy are not known, a doctor should be seen before starting treatment.
- What are the advantages of RegTech
- Can we burn plastic and run off gasoline
- What spoils an Italian dish
- How to Get Rid of Porn Addiction
- What are some IISC Bangalore hostels
- Is 10 0 infinite
- What does Amazon fulfillment mean
- What makes the English language so special
- How do strong bases burn you?
- What are the best German social media
- Are there opportunities to grow out of the internet
- What is lbw
- How are percentages multiplied in Excel
- Works Adobe Premiere Pro on Windows
- What is a complex analysis course about
- Supports the Redmi Note 4 MHL
- Melatonin makes you dream
- What are natural sleep inducers
- How is total parenteral nutrition TPN produced
- What is the newest robot in Japan
- How does Citibank make money
- Z is a phoneme in English
- What is K3G
- What kind of restaurant do servers give good tips