Anaheim is safe at night
Security in Los Angeles
It's about security in Los Angeles badly ordered, you'd think: gangs on every corner that regularly fight each other, and if a chase happens to be on TV, then it's most likely taking place in LA.
However, the reality is a little different for vacationers, even if one one or the other tip but heed it and with the high number of homeless people should be able to handle ...
Crime, gangs & Co.
Of course, the crime rate in Los Angeles is well above the US average, but that shouldn't come as a surprise, as it is a big city. Around not an exceptionally dangerous one but, because - and this may come as a surprise - the crime rate is well below that of San Francisco.
It is therefore difficult to assess why the city is often perceived as so dangerous. Maybe play television a role here, as dozens of detectives investigate countless murder cases there every week.
Especially since the series of course often make an effort to preserve the environment to portray more sinisterthan it actually is. Las Vegas also struggled with its reputation as a for decades thanks to its representation in film and television Capital of the mobalthough there was never any extraordinary danger for tourists - on the contrary: If so, then it hit and hit local people.
Realistically, the only serious problem in the LA region is the ones discussed earlier Gangswhich especially the poorer neighborhoods split among themselves and regularly fight small wars there. Small wars, of which you as a tourist do not notice anything, because almost all the sights are located outside of these problem areas.
The "gangland", as it is sometimes called colloquially, begins south of Interstate 10 and extends from Inglewood and Hawthorne over the East Side to Carson and Compton. There are real sights in this area, mostly as South Central in summary, none.
The only catch: West of Inglewood and Hawthorne is Los Angeles International Airport (LAX). Who before departure or after arrival in a Airport hotel stays overnight, inevitably ends up in one of the two districts.
Situation at the airport
Because of this, it makes sense to consider something when choosing an airport hotel to dig deeper into your pocket: Motels like Super 8 should be here no option represent - they may not actually be unsafe, but the environment and clientele are at least uncomfortable to unsettling.
Recommended hotels at the airport include the Courtyard LAX and the Hampton Inn in Hawthorne.
Driving through these districts by car is not a big problem, even at night, unless you are in the back alleys lost. Stick to the major interstates, usually I-405!
You should also be a little careful when visiting downtown: Skid Row, southeast of Pershing Square, should be avoided. Many drug addicts hang around there.
That being said, there are numerous neighborhoods that are a little bit look dingyin which, however, security is not threatened. These include Santa Monica off the coast and the side streets in Hollywood and, last but not least, Venice Beach and Downtown, where you can very many homeless people as well as one or the other junkie.
This is sometimes uncomfortable, but usually during the day not dangerous. At night you should be a little more careful and stick to the typical nightlife areas.
Also the Risk of an earthquake should of course be kept in mind in Los Angeles. But the risk of it happening on the three or four days of your visit to "Big One" comes is minimal.
Small earthquakes are commonHowever, as a rule, they do not pose any danger. Anyone traveling with children should, however, discuss the possibility of tremors and the right behavior in the event of an emergency.
Safety tips in Los Angeles
The most realistic risk is - as in any other big city - being a victim of pickpocketing or Car break-in to become.
However, with the usual precautionary measures you can significantly reduce this risk:
- Don't leave any valuables in the car, not even briefly
- stow any suitcases in the non-visible trunk
- if possible, leave your passports and cash reserves in the hotel safe
- Carry larger amounts of money in a chest strap
- especially don't look too much like a tourist at night
- Which modern game would you recommend
- How many factories are there in Turkey?
- What is the difference between senses and sensations
- What physical activity has helped your depression?
- Told BTS not to ship them
- How can I fix a slow iPad?
- Are psychopaths attracted to abnormal behavior
- What is Liberia's main national export
- Which basketball position should I play
- Will it help me suppress a yawn when I sleep?
- Is titanium good for piercings
- How many species have killed humans?
- Use the keyword io
- Is an atomic energy
- Will be playing DeMarcus Cousins again this season
- What are other names for India
- How do microphones get better
- What are the chemical properties of glipizide
- Is there oxygen in the sun?
- Can you smell pheromones
- How do you deal with embarrassing people
- In what principle does a transformer work
- Who killed Umar Osman and Ali Ra
- Why has the copper price increased