Is podiatry the same as pediatrics
Initiation of communication with young children:
Characteristics of communication and language development disorders can be recognized and treated in early childhood. For example, the child hardly screams, coos or babbles, and the child stops making vocalizations between the ages of 6 and 8 months. These could be signs of hearing impairment. Even in kindergarten or earlier, children with problems with language acquisition can attract attention. In order to promote the communicative and linguistic abilities of the toddler through speech therapy, cooperation with the parents is an indispensable focus of the treatment:
Dyslalia (articulation disorders)
This is understood to mean a disruption of articulation or pronunciation. An example of this is the incorrect or incorrect articulation of the following sounds (s, z, sch, ch, k, g, r). Some sounds or sound connections are replaced by others, formed incorrectly (e.g. school: column) or completely omitted. Sigmatism is a common articulation disorder in children; Schetism is a malformation of the sound / sh / (e.g. sharp: sharp). Chitism is a malformation of the sound / ch / (e.g. I: is); Cappacism is a malformation of the sound / k / (e.g. Kuh: Tuh)
If such sounds are not correctly articulated in the course of the language development phase, these articulation disorders can be improved in the child with the help of speech therapy.
Vocabulary problems (semantics) and language comprehension disorders
Children who have problems with semantics have very little vocabulary depending on their age. As a result, both the expressive and receptive capabilities of the child (e.g. language understanding) can be disturbed.
Grammatical weaknesses (dysgrammatism)
With this language development disorder, children are unable to form sentences morphologically and syntactically according to their age. These include problems with the correct formation of sentences or the correct formulation of the relationships between the words in a sentence.
The following abnormalities can be seen, for example:
- omissions of words and parts of sentences; the so-called telegram style: "Mama Ball"
- Articles are used incorrectly: "the ball"
- Accusative, dative or genitive are used incorrectly: e.g. I buy this car
Language development disorders with bilingualism
It is not uncommon for children who grow up to be bilingual to have problems with language acquisition. Such language acquisition disorders can be treated as part of speech therapy and with the involvement of the parents.
Auditory processing and perception disorders
If the functions of the central auditory pathways are disturbed or restricted, then there may be problems in the auditory processing or perception. As a result, disorders can be demonstrated in the areas of language development, the ability to concentrate and learning to read and write.
Stuttering and rumbling in children and adults (speech impairment)
People who suffer from stuttering and rumbling have difficulty speaking fluently. Stuttering is characterized by rapid repetitions, but also blockages. Polterer, on the other hand, show disturbances in the program design and the perception of temporal sequences of language. Articulation, rhythm and word finding disorders can occur.
Tension weakness in the oral motor skills (orofacial dysfunction)
The muscles in the mouth and face are functionally impaired. This can result in speech and swallowing disorders
Mutism is a communication disorder in which there are no disorders in the area of speech organs and hearing. Most of the time, problems arise in connection with a social phobia. In adolescence and adulthood, silence is often embedded in depression.
- Which band sang the song Hoppipolla
- What is the real description of pi
- Which restaurants serve blooming onions?
- How much should I weigh at 41
- What do the letters from the police stand for?
- Where Are Woman Posting Dating Classified Ads 2018
- Will Simple be compatible with Square
- Why is Talk no Jutsu so effective
- Top 10 software development companies in Bangladesh
- What is Framework 4
- What chemicals are in limescale remover
- What does command prompt mean in computers
- How should you avoid showing off
- A mortgage has monthly or annual interest rates
- What is biological reductionism
- Which nationalities travel more
- Like at 45, you change careers
- Where can I find looters in Minecraft
- What is the weakness of Eminem
- Is HTML a language that is case sensitive?
- When do we write the IUPAC names
- What is your greatest contribution to Quora?
- Is it allowed to take photos in the Dubai Museum?
- How original are Microsoft patents