Why do Catholics worship Jesus
The feminine side of the divine
The devotion to Mary began very early. In Hellenism in the first centuries after Christ, Mary was worshiped as a female deity in the Greek culture.
The black Madonnas are among the oldest and most valuable portraits of Mary. Although they are the most important cult objects in Altötting in Bavaria or in Czestochowa in Poland, the origin of the black Madonnas goes back to the advanced cultures of Egypt and Mesopotamia.
There, black fertility goddesses were often at the center of belief, which the Isis cult makes clear. In all religions in which female deities are worshiped, the compassionate side of the divine is paramount. The veneration of Mary is ultimately about the feminine in the deity, about attributes such as care, solidarity and understanding.
Since the Council of Ephesus in 431 AD, Mary has had an exalted and special position in Christianity. Since that council, Mary has been venerated as the Mother of God. Because Mary was no longer only the bearer of Christ, but the bearer of God. But the dispute at the time ultimately revolved around the role of Christ and his meaning as a true man and true God.
"Never enough of Maria"
The worship of Mary was and is limitless. Even today, the Catholic Church knows over 30 Marian commemorative and public holidays. And the month of May is entirely dedicated to Mary, the Mother of God. In the 19th century, October was even the month of the Rosary.
People turned and still turn to Maria in all situations, be it during natural disasters, illness or in any other difficult situation.
Signs of gratitude and faith are the often self-painted votive tablets that hang on the walls of many pilgrimage churches. "Thank you Mary," it says on the votive tablets. Mary listened to the prayers of the faithful and helped.
Marian veneration between faith and superstition
Baroque piety at the beginning of the 17th century marks the high point of devotion to the Virgin Mary. Mary is the super saint, miracles and every conceivable help are expected from her. Rosary prayers are the epitome of devotion to Mary. A rosary consecrated seven times is able to heal the sick and prevent every conceivable disaster, so the idea.
God was increasingly sidelined through the veneration of Mary. The reformer Martin Luther denounced the rampant cult of Mary. It contains too much superstition and obscures belief in Christ. Luther described the rosary as the "clatter of stones" and the "chatter of mouths". Although Luther was a great admirer of Mary, the cult of Mary was suppressed within the Protestant church.
- Which question should Oliver Emberton answer next
- What can be done with c c ++
- Got Viserys what he deserved
- What is a scout and leadership job
- What is safety reporting in clinical trials
- How do I write sci papers
- Which laptops support adding additional RAM?
- Reads dead
- How big is the Starship Enterprise
- Duke is a private school
- Insects get diseases
- Uranus is a trapped exoplanet
- Mutual funds can invest in derivatives
- Which country has the best bushcraft equipment?
- What are two factors that cause crime?
- Who brought Otto Warmbier to the USA
- Who created or printed money in India?
- What is your penis size 3
- What does PM mean on social media
- What is a natural facial bleach
- What is your rating of Okinawa Japan
- Why is happiness everything in today's world
- How do I deal with good people