What was your PMP certification roadmap
The top 3 project management certifications
Uniform quality standards create trust
Project management certifications are clearly on trend. Providers advertise "on every corner" with new, tempting offers. It seems like it would successful project management only work with the appropriate certificate. For companies and project managers, the question arises: Is it worth investing in certification at all? Or do providers just want to earn money with it?
One thing is clear: with of globalization the demands are increasing - especially for international projects. Project managers face the challenge of developing a common mindset in the project team in addition to their daily tasks, strengthening the sense of togetherness and taking on leadership. The demand on qualified employees increases with communication skills and project management know-how. But how can certifications support this?
"Leadership is the ability to turn vision into reality."- Warren Bennis
Many companies value international standards
All over the world, on all continents, there are international standards in project management. These combine recognized project management methods Consistent wording and vocabulary as clearly defined knowledge.
Companies in particular can use a uniform approach in projects common product understanding create. And in the second move secure competitive advantages through demonstrable competencies. This not only results in lucrative orders and improves teamwork.
Why does certification make sense?
Project management used to have a subordinate function, today it has one Key competence in the project. Nowadays, projects are coordinated across time zones as a matter of course. To minimize misunderstandings are same standards helpful.
A internationally recognized certificate as a project manager is a serious indicator and creates trust. Customer satisfaction is increased, training time is reduced and a uniform understanding is created. Competent employees create a Competitive advantage created.
Benefits of Project Management Certification
- proven international standards are applied
- deep understanding of project management is created
- professional security given by the right tips and tricks
- Company and project manager stay through regular workshops up to date
- uniform terminology leads to a transparent and understandable communication
3 providers have established themselves
Of course, certification is not an automatic guarantee of project success, but it can certainly improve project management. But which certificate is the right one? The market offers a variety - almost an inscrutable mixture - of certifications from various providers, institutions and associations. We have an overview of the Top 3 project management certifications created worldwide.
- IPMA - "International Project Management Association"
- PRINCE2 - "PRojects IN Controlled Environments"
- PMP - "Project Management Professional"
- Conclusion: Effort and benefit must be in relation to PM certifications
The International Project Management Association(IPMA) is an umbrella organization for project management - a worldwide network consisting of Project experts. The organization is in over 60 countries, with the focus on Germany and other European countries.
The IPMA represented by the GPM Deutsche Gesellschaft für Projektmanagement e.V., in Austria by Projekt Management Austria (PMA) and in Switzerland by the Swiss Project Management Association (spm).
The career model of the GPM goes over 5 levels: From beginners to managers of highly complex projects, everyone will find the right offer. This enables lifelong learning and continuous training at all career levels.
💪🏻 3 strengths of the GPM Competency model:
- The focus is on people and their skills
- As a member you are part of the IPMA community
- The level is adapted to the level of experience
The workshops are aimed at bloody beginners, without experience, but just the same Executives with corporate responsibility who want to improve their leadership. In order to have the acquired certificate permanently, it must be renewed every five years.
Which certificate is the right one?
Costs for IPMA certificates
The prices vary greatly and depend on the respective level of the certificate. The workshops start, depending on the provider, between EUR 250 and EUR 4,000.
From the British AXELOS Ltd. becomes "PRojects IN Controlled Environments" - short PRINCE2 - globally managed and developed. The certification imparts skills to projects to manage successfully.
PRINCE2 promises a. by obtaining a certificate time and Cost savings of projects, regardless of the size and industry of the company. The focus is on flexible approach for projects to strengthen project management at all levels.
Next IPMA-Certificates also offer this one high recognition. They stand for established and proven practices in project management. That improves the communication in the project, as it is understood by many people.
💪🏻 3 strengths of the PRINCE2 model:
- The focus is on communication between trainer and participant
- The certification is process-oriented and product-related
- SERVIEW workbook instead of lifeless PowerPoint
Division into two quality levels
The certification is divided into two different qualification levels: Foundation and Practitioner. Foundation is an introduction to the Basics of project management. How is a project delivered on time? Project planning and calculation of the appropriate budget. No further prerequisites are necessary here in order to obtain the certificate.
At the Practitioner level, the requirements and problems of a particular Project scenarios played through. The certification is aimed at experienced project managers who have sufficient knowledge and understanding.
For the Practitioner exam, one of these documents must be available:
- PRINCE2 Foundation
- IPMA level D or higher
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
The different PRINCE2 certificates
PRINCE2 certification costs
The prices for the certificates range between EUR 520 and EUR 2,395. The different aspects of pricing must be taken into account.
The Project Management Professional (PMI) - based in the USA - is the world's largest association for project management. The methods of your own certification Project Management Professional (PMP) are in over 185 countries recognized and accepted in all organizations and companies.
The exams can be taken anywhere in the world in Test centers or on-line be filed. In Germany, for example, in Berlin, Frankfurt, Hamburg and Munich.
The certification is aimed at project managers challenging projectswho have favourited a good portion practice bring. In order to obtain the certificate, certain requirements must be met.
💪🏻 3 strengths of the PMP model:
- The world's largest network in PM certification
- International recognition as an expert in project management
- Regular events and webinars as a member
Requirement for the PMP certificate
- A duplex is a good first investment
- Why is Instagram small on my iPad
- What does mother mean in different languages
- What to Expect When Writing a Scholarship
- What are some original contemporary philosophical concepts
- What was the life span in Jesus' time
- Can we gain too much knowledge
- What are some pop songs about evolution
- Repetition is important in songwriting
- What are some facts about panic disorder
- What is an object oriented language
- How many calories does an egg contain?
- What are Hush Hush blood tests
- Why isn't Anonymous harassing the IRS
- How do I remove toothpaste burn marks
- How are pixels made
- Who is the founder of psychology
- What was your ass, bring it up a minute
- Which authors peaked with their first novel?
- What are the mechanical vacancies for 2015
- Can beat Batman Darth Vader
- Why should you choose Groovy over Kotlin
- Indian television that repeatedly sees flop films
- What is the difference between MPL and CPL