At what temperature is cement made
If the building material concrete is exposed to a fire or very high temperatures, high thermal stresses occur in the material, which impair the compressive strength. The result is cracking and the material flaking off. When extinguishing with water, a so-called cold shock occurs, in which further concrete fragments are blasted off very violently.
The heat resistance of concrete can be increased by a mixture of generally heat and heat resistant, refractory, porous or dense aggregates. As a rule, blast furnace slag, blast furnace slag, tabular alumina or binders are used with which concrete can withstand temperatures of 500 ° C to 2,000 ° C. If this is the case, one speaks of Refractory concrete. It is one of the special concretes and can be used for load-bearing and non-load-bearing components and systems as well as for precast or reinforced concrete structures. Prefabricated parts made of refractory concrete are usually preheated in order to drive out most of the water. Areas of application are the construction of nuclear reactors, components for furnaces in industrial plants, chimneys, non-flammable containers, insulation and load-bearing components.
Like other concrete-like materials, refractory concrete can be classified according to various aspects, including the type of cement bond, its chemical-mineralogical character or the type of granulate components. A classification according to the application limit temperature is also possible. Thereafter, refractory concrete applies at temperatures of:
- 350 to 600 ° C as heat resistant
- 600 to 1,100 ° C as heat-resistant
- 1,100 to 1,500 ° C as refractory
- over 1,500 ° C as highly refractory
Expertise on the subject
Concretes with special properties
For structures with special requirements, concretes with special properties are used that can withstand the stresses ...
Fire behavior according to building material classes
Building materials are divided into building material classes to determine their properties required by building law. At national level ...
German cement and concrete industry represented by the
Information center concrete | Contact 0211 / 28048–1 | www.beton.org
- What is the atomic number of ytterium
- What percentage of the soap should be NaOH
- What are the causes of skin diseases
- Do Dutch auctions work
- What is the definition of classmate
- Comments make your code messy
- What are the characteristics of porcelain tableware
- Why do we use whiteboard animation
- Can spiders fly?
- What killed the attitude era
- Why does it make you unhappy to judge people
- What is the reason for an illness
- Contains cabbage vitamins or minerals
- Which vegetable takes the longest to grow?
- How does 7 1 5 1 7 + 5 1 120
- Is cloud computing safe from hackers
- Who are the top entrepreneurs in Bollywood
- What's the coolest gadget you own
- What happens at a global leadership summit
- What did you say yes today?
- What is the men's opinion on wedding dresses
- Sup how are you
- What is WSDL
- Is it grammatically correct? Checks my diet
- What is a Sybian saddle
- What is Alaska's most valuable asset
- Stalin was an effective leader
- How much does SEO agency cost
- What is an online training for big data analysis
- What websites do homeschoolers read
- Why is the C programming language very difficult
- Should I go to the gym?
- Can an inguinal hernia remain small
- What is an eternal clock