What is the banking system
The banking system in Germany
Since we all deal with money on a daily basis and money already plays a central role in everyday life for young people, it is important, on the one hand, to develop a sensible and forward-looking approach to the means of payment as early as possible and, on the other hand, to get to know the tasks of that institution that is involved in all processes relating to our money: the banks.
"The banking system in Germany" introduces the different types of commercial banks and their services. The differences between universal banks and specialist banks as well as the differences between the banking groups of the universal banks are explained. In addition, the Deutsche Bundesbank, the European System of Central Banks (ESZB), the European Central Bank (ECB) and the Federal Financial Supervisory Authority (BaFin) and their tasks in the German banking system are discussed, with concrete examples providing clarity. Work tasks and a collection of links to further deepen the topic round off the worksheet, which was designed for grades 9 and 10 of secondary level I and is available on the school service portal youth and finance.
The school service portal for youth and finance
The worksheet is part of the information and teaching materials for general financial education and career orientation that the school service portal Youth and Finance of the Volksbanken and Raiffeisenbanken makes available. This is primarily aimed at teachers of all school types and levels, parents and interested consumers. Free downloadable teaching materials on the subjects of economics and finance are available for primary school and secondary level I and II. The local and regional educational initiatives of the cooperative banks with details of local contact persons are shown on an interactive map of Germany under “Educational offers nationwide”. An online glossary explains numerous important terms from the world of finance, and parents can find recommendations under a separate section of the portal on how their children's early financial education can look like in the family.
New YouTube channel with videos on financial education
Youth and Finance has had its own YouTube channel since 2020. The explanatory videos and short spots stored there are primarily used as an introduction to a financial topic. These films can be used in addition to the corresponding worksheets on the portal, but also independently of it.
- Is the donkey really stupid
- How is water enriched with oxygen
- Why do undercover narcissists hate sharing
- Is Einsteinium a good metal
- How are tennis balls made
- Why do I screw up exams
- What is UDAN
- Ecology is the science of human livelihood
- What is your favorite school experience
- Why are there blushes around my stitches
- What does trust mean to you
- Why is water enriched with oxygen
- Is dictation really considered writing
- Is the anime free Yaoi
- Cats show affection for their humans
- Wall Street bought President Obama
- What is a Duracote door
- How does the sound come from the speakers of the magnets
- Why is there a hype
- How can an atheist become a deist
- Editing your photos is considered a scam
- A sinker is a 2-seam fastball
- Is there a female supremacy movement
- Is Harvard more prestigious than Oxford