How can I make friends on Instagram
This is how you can find your friends & known people on Instagram
As in other networks, you also have the opportunity on Instagram to connect with friends and known people by tapping the "Follow" button (or "Follow" button). In this guide we explain how it works - there are many different options.
Instagram: Most of your friends are probably already there
With over a billion monthly users, Instagram has a large user community that you can get in touch with via the app. If you have opened the application on your smartphone, you only need to tap the magnifying glass icon below - and you can then search for other users. For example, tap the People tab to find profiles by username, such as well-known companies or celebrities.
There is more than one way to find other users on Instagram.
If you find someone who interests you while scrolling through the suggestion list, all you need to do is tap the blue "Follow" button in their profile so that their posts land in your Instagram feed. You can also use the search field to search for specific hashtags or locations. This can be helpful in finding users who have similarities with you - such as certain hobbies or favorite places.
Android: This is how you can find your Facebook friends on Instagram
If you have connected your Instagram account to your Facebook account, you can find out, for example, which of your Facebook friends are also logged into Instagram:
- Open the Instagram app and go to your profile.
- At the top, tap Find and Follow People. Alternatively, you tap on the menu button with the three lines and then on “Discover people”.
- Then go to “Connect to Facebook” - or tap the plus symbol in your Instagram profile to add people.
- Under the tab "Facebook" you can see all your Facebook friends who also have an Instagram profile.
- Next to the relevant username, tap the blue "Follow" button. Alternatively, you can select "Follow all" above if you want to automatically follow everyone from this list.
If there is no Facebook connection yet, you must of course first establish the connection after tapping on “Facebook friends”. To do this, you need the mobile phone number or the email address with which you are logged into Facebook.
If you are already logged into Facebook on your smartphone, you usually do not need to enter your log-in data, but can simply tap on "Continue as [your name]" - the connection will then be established automatically.
You can of course also use Instagram without connecting the account to Facebook.
Find followers with iOS
In the Instagram iOS app, do the following to discover new followers or connect with your Facebook friends:
- Select the menu icon with the three lines in the top right of your profile.
- Then tap on “Discover People”.
- You will now be suggested accounts that match your interests.
- At the top you can choose the option “Connect with Facebook”.
- Log in to Facebook.
- Now you can see which of your Facebook contacts are on Instagram and you can follow them.
If you want to invite friends independently of Facebook, it works like this:
- Open your profile.
- Tap the menu icon in the top right corner and select "Settings".
- Tap the "Follow Friends / Invite Friends" option.
- In the next step you can choose how you want to invite your contacts.
iOS and Android: Link Instagram to your phone book
Not all Instagram users have a Facebook profile. Alternatively, you can connect Instagram to your smartphone phone book in order to use the contact data in it to discover other friends whom you can follow on Instagram.
This is how it works on Android:
- In your Instagram profile, tap the plus symbol in the upper right corner to add people.
- Switch to the "Contacts" tab.
- Go to "Link to Phonebook" to connect your contact list to the app.
This is how it works on iOS:
- Open the menu at the top right of your profile.
- Tap on "Settings" and then on "Follow contacts".
- If you allow Instagram access, the app synchronizes with your phone book.
Watch out: Once you have linked your phone book to Instagram, its data is regularly synchronized with the platform and saved on the Instagram servers.
You can find more Instagram tips here
Would you like to get more tips and tricks about Instagram? Then take a look at our other guides: For example, we have explained how you can use the photo network on your PC and how Instagram's direct messaging function works. We'll also give you 5 tips for cool boomerangs and show you how you can increase the reach of your pictures.
- There are several ways to find friends and people you know on Instagram.
- The easiest way is via the magnifying glass icon in the app.
- Alternatively, you can tap on the three-line symbol in your Instagram profile and then on “Discover people” to receive suggestions as to which users you could follow.
- There you can see under the tab "Facebook" which of your Facebook friends are also on Instagram, provided that both services are linked on your smartphone.
- Under “Contacts” you can connect your smartphone's phone book to Instagram.
- The contact details of your friends are then regularly synchronized with the app.
Facebook or Instagram: which network is your favorite? We look forward to your comment.
You might also be interested in:
- How change drives most people
- How do I leave engineering
- What is a nuclear accident
- What is the blacklist
- What is a specialist in child development
- What are the entrance exams after the 12th
- In which city is Georgetown University located
- Who killed Cao Chong
- Can I use art for car design
- How many employees does Thomson Reuters have
- Quora How many users does Quora have
- Why does hyperventilation cause fainting
- Are fibromyalgia and Lyme disease linked?
- Will Dunkirk win the best picture
- Which retailers sell card sleeves
- What does a financial internship look like
- Is God enslaved to himself
- Is it possible to recycle carpet?
- How do drugs affect emotions?
- Visiting the university is compulsory
- What is the Best Video Conferencing Hardware
- What is the Niagara Falls Adventure Pass
- How do forests become non-renewable resources
- How did alcohol get its name