What does a person value most?
What do you value most about people?
My name is Lily and I am 17 years old.
Until two years ago I loved Christmas like most other people, but 1 1/2 years ago my father and a few weeks ago my little brother died of sudden infantile death.
I have hated Christmas since my father's death, and I find it terrible to see that most people look forward to Christmas only because of the gifts, the food or other material things.
Our parents always taught me and my siblings that money is not the value of a gift, but the gesture and the thought behind it. Of course we also got toys or even a Nintendo or a cell phone, but the greatest joy two years ago was when my parents gave us a trip to Paris and a visit to Disney Land. If someone had given me this as a present, I would not have been so excited because I thought it was great to be able to share this experience with my family.
Christmas is a family celebration, but without my father and without my 1-year-old brother something crucial is missing. I find it horrific when I have to think about how many people will be sitting at home all alone tomorrow because they have no family or friends and acquaintances all celebrate somewhere else. That's unfair. How many people died much too early this year and will never be able to celebrate Christmas with their loved ones again? How many people have lost their partner, child, parent, grandparent, best friend or other person to an accident, illness, war or crime?
I would everything give for if my father and my little brother were with my three siblings, my mom, my grandma and me tomorrow.
And the children in the orphanages? Wouldn't they give anything to see their dead parents all over again?
And what do most of the other people do? Bring interest in one another to the fore in order to get a gift. And then they may even be dissatisfied and in a bad mood.
That makes me angry and sad at the same time. What has become of humanity?
Christmas is always a celebration of love, but I haven't believed that for a long time ...
What do you all mean?
Happy celebration anyway to everyone. :)
- How do you change someone else's ego
- How can a girl be cold-hearted
- What is MVC architecture in Laravel
- Are women castrated
- What does AKBP
- Why do authors occasionally use italics?
- What are some popular educational blogs
- How does the Udaan app work
- What is the chemical structure of triethylamine
- What tools are included in DevOps
- What does former international CIA agent mean
- What is the snail bait used for?
- Should I choose whey or mass?
- Watch your wife porn
- Why is laser amplification research important
- What is a satisfactory definition of v2
- Work is done in a cyclical process
- How to get Lowes coupons
- What is a private equity quota
- How would astronauts survive a mission to Mars
- Is Drake underrated in the music industry
- What is an Eastern Rite Catholic
- MMA is the most dangerous sport
- What causes pillbox effect on TV