How seriously do you take dental work
Dental phobia Afraid of the dentist? Here's how to get rid of them!
Nobody likes to open his mouth to let a stranger with sharp devices do something in it that you don't know whether it might hurt like hell.
But a massive fear of the dentist is called "dental phobia" and it usually has its origins in childhood. Pain during treatment, negative descriptions that parents consciously or unconsciously pass on to the children or a rowdy dentist who does not care enough for the little patients - all of this can result in massive fear.
Until the late 1980s, children were not given anesthesia for dental work. In the worst case, patients no longer go to the dentist for decades, with serious consequences for their own teeth.
How to get rid of the fear of dentists
1) Talk about your fears
Talk about your fears. The greatest relief will be a face-to-face meeting. Ask a friend, relative, or even your family doctor for a confidential interview. The important thing is that you speak to someone you know will listen to you and take you seriously.
2) Exchange ideas with those affected
If you lack the courage for a personal interview, look for help in anonymous internet forums. There are thousands of other people who suffer from dental anxiety just like you. There you will find consolation, tips, and encouraging examples on how to overcome fear.
3) You are in control
Say goodbye to nightmarish scenarios. You alone determine and decide what to do during a treatment, so the right dentist will only do what you want. You are in control. You are not at the mercy of the situation defenseless!
4) Autogenic training and muscle relaxation
Many psychotherapists offer a specific behavior therapy that progressive muscle relaxation. The targeted relaxation of the muscles ensures relaxation of the mind. With such behavioral therapy you learn to know your fears and their origin and to overcome them.
Another relaxation technique is that autogenic training. In doing so, you speak mentally sentences to calm your body and mind. This in turn lowers blood pressure and heart rate. Repeating the sentences also breaks the focus on dental treatment. Since this procedure is scientifically recognized and has proven itself, most health insurance companies pay for such a course. Adult education centers also offer inexpensive courses.
5) Find the appropriate practice
There are many dental offices that are geared towards treating patients with fear of the dentist and dental treatment. In the end, your personal impression alone decides which practice is right for you. Some criteria can be:
- As an anxious patient, you will receive an appointment at very short notice because the doctor knows that waiting is extremely tense for you.
- You do not have to tell us immediately whether you have private or statutory insurance.
- You will not be pressured to seek treatment at the first appointment. Get to know the practice and the doctor first.
- Do you immediately get the impression: Here I and my situation are being assessed correctly? In a reputable dental office that specializes in anxiety patients, you don't have to listen to accusations or feel wordless scorn when you open your mouth.
- Is the possibility of calming medication mentioned in the face-to-face meeting? Are homeopathic remedies also addressed?
- Are recognized relaxation techniques offered? There are even doctors who specialize in hypnosis.
- Computer coding is difficult
- How is it that someone is naive
- Who are Xilinx's biggest competitors
- Is VoIP legal in India
- Is it possible to be big, of course
- How fast is a hummingbird flight
- How can you learn mindfulness practices
- Who is your favorite friend and why
- What mistakes are unforgivable in a relationship?
- What difference between interface inheritance
- Why is the amusement arcade called amusement arcade
- How's your first driving lesson
- Which Instagram fitness star is your inspiration
- How does Manuka honey help with acne
- How to Download Kali Linux Faster
- How dangerous is it to drive a taxi
- What should tourists wear when visiting Morocco
- Is Trialect Com Safe
- A hurricane can form tsunamis
- Which woman won the most Grammys
- How do I find my chest voice
- Who is the most polarizing stand-up comedian
- Why do people like music
- All credit card payments are insured