Why does Christianity copy Islam
Does the Quran contain a call to kill non-Muslims?
I don't want to worry you, but yes. It's in the Koran. But the Bible also says “an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth”. Such passages that encourage violence can be found in every scripture, even if they sound and read badly from our point of view today.
The question is, how do we deal with such verses and understand them. Does that mean I have to kill every unbeliever who crosses my path today? This question can of course be answered with “no”, because the Bible and other spiritual texts can only be understood in the context of their time. You can't completely transfer it to the present day. The Christians achieved this with their Bible and the Jews partly with their Torah. And some of the Muslims still have to manage that. I don't mean to say that everyone has managed it so far, but at least when it comes to killing unbelievers, I don't see any real threat or danger in Europe right now that this verse will ever be interpreted literally.
But isn't there a disdain for people of different faiths that could be dangerous?
You don't need to have these concerns. If we start from the core statement that Allah is the only God, we have to bear in mind that Christians in the Orient use “Allah” as the word for God. "Allah" is an Arabic word that not only Muslims have leased for themselves, but also Christians. That is, "Allah" is just the Arabic translation of the word "God". This is a thing that is also being conveyed incorrectly in the media. Arab Christians, friends of mine, also say “Allah” to their God, who by the way is the God of all of us.
On the other hand, such verses that are contained in the Koran do not make up the majority. In addition, they were revealed at specific times, such as wartime. In the understanding of the time, it was logical to reveal such verses that one may fight enemies and, under certain circumstances, even kill them. Today, however, we are not in a war, even if the "clash of civilizations" is evoked again and again.
- JSTOR is a scientific source
- Brazil has a desert
- What cricketer had really bad habits?
- How can I get rid of the pollution
- How often are programming languages updated
- How does technology affect international diplomatic relations?
- What is the best soup broth
- Is language a living thing
- Past and future are the same
- Our entire universe is an event horizon
- Can I use PVC pipes for drainage?
- IIT Guwahati will be hit by floods
- What is endocarditis
- Why does Jordan Peterson hate women
- How many college football teams are there
- Which picture best describes different generations
- Did you have a muffin today
- What are some examples of interstitial space
- Why do hyenas eat their prey alive?
- What is an anti-discrimination law
- Who is Justin Trudeau's wife
- Why is species identification important
- Who introduced Eminem as a rapper
- Why is glucose called reducing sugar
- What's the best about Kolkata
- What is the Dell EMC Labeling Hierarchy
- Use the keyword io
- What is Lund University known for?
- Is sealed Louis Vuitton leather coated
- Can someone learn to read micro-expressions carefully
- Does the operation hurt 1
- What is the content of the Bible
- Can we drink water after eating jackfruit?
- Can I keep mollies with goldfish