How did the Soviet Union help Cuba
- Nikita Khrushchev and members of the CPSU meet in the Kremlin in Moscow (source: dpa)
In May 1962, Soviet President Nikita Khrushchev presented his idea of stationing missiles with nuclear warheads in Cuba to the inner circle of the Soviet leadership.
According to Khrushchev, the US had gained a disproportionate advantage by stationing Jupiter rockets in Turkey and Italy. In addition, they were clearly superior in the development of strategic weapons. This could be changed with the deployment of missiles in Cuba. A second motive for Khrushchev is the protection of the Cuban revolution: "After the failure in the Bay of Pigs, the USA will continue, not with mercenaries, but now intervene directly - only nuclear weapons can stop them".
After several debates, the USSR Security Council decides to station nuclear weapons in Cuba. A delegation from the Soviet Air Force and the Red Army travels to the Caribbean island to convey the plans to Fidel Castro. This consults with the Cuban leadership, the "United Revolutionary Organizations", about the proposal. In addition to security concerns about the dangerous nuclear weapons on the island, which automatically becomes the Soviet military base when the weapons are stationed, the positive effects of the Soviet plan outweigh the positive effects of the Soviet plan for the Cubans. They mean a strengthening of the socialist camp and a huge increase in Cuba's defensive strength, which means a deterrent to any invasion from outside. Cuba approves the plan of the USSR.
- Is Upwork the next WeWork 2
- What are the best easy English songs
- What is Agadtantra in Ayurveda
- How is the type check carried out in Java
- Has iOS moved the keyboard
- What is scalar in physics
- Why are you an uncomfortable person
- Where is the Mercedes headquarters located?
- Is Facebook opportunistic
- How does a draft for a war work?
- How do Ugandans react to Ugandan knuckles
- How Do I Take MuscleBlaze Weight Gainer
- What is content mapping 1
- Did you have a muffin today
- What do you think of George Patton
- Do you trust rich people
- How does hypocorticism affect fat metabolism
- How do I activate Microsoft Office 2013
- How do I watch American Netflix
- How do I deal with fertilizers
- What is reductionism in psychology
- What are the best skateboard decks
- Early retirement is worth it
- Why doesn't my cat jump