Is LinkedIn overrated
LinkedIn boss: Success without a university degree
In an interview at the Recode's Code Enterprise conference, LinkedIn boss Jeff Weiner explained why degrees are overrated. "We should accept that there is a much wider range of talents, skills, perspectives and experiences that can lead to success," said Weiner.
Incidentally, the LinkedIn boss himself has a bachelor's degree from the University of Pennsylvania.
Weiner not only wants to reassure students with this attitude, but also appeals to executives to put aside their narrow-mindedness and also to invite applicants who do not have a degree but have the right skills for the job.
Online instead of a lecture hall
Weiner's statement is no coincidence. Last year, LinkedIn bought Lynda.com. An online learning platform on which users can complete training courses in a wide variety of areas.
"We are not yet ready to offer a proper degree on the portal. The first step would be to issue a kind of certificate," explains Weiner. It will therefore take some time before employers see the learning platform as a qualification. But it is already being advertised properly.
A few weeks ago, PepsiCo boss Indra Nooyi also criticized the university education. MBA programs in their current form are out of date and urgently need revision, according to Nooyi. "MBAs have an education, but they have no knowledge," says the 61-year-old.
- How many chances should someone have
- Why is gas more popular than diesel
- Most classifieds websites are a scam
- What does the date of the patent mean
- How famous is PewDiePie
- Can we burn plastic and run off gasoline
- How is a hen egg fertilized?
- Was the Titanic a real person in history?
- How search engines get paid
- How do you describe white holes
- How does it work at Instacart
- How do forests become non-renewable resources
- Cats should be allowed in restaurants
- President Trump is a negotiator
- Is UCF a good school
- How often do you stalk your ex
- What are some surprising statistics about AI
- How often should I change jobs?
- What's your favorite attraction in Chicago
- Why is healthcare security more important in the Internet of Things
- What can you do about plaque psoriasis
- Is FGM a tradition in Saudi Arabia
- How are American tourists treated in Finland
- What is a trust fund for private use