What is quality assurance test
McAfee DAT reputation technology
With the help of DAT reputation technology, you can prevent end devices from being updated with a DAT file that has already caused unexpected results in practice. While such events are very rare, they can have a significant impact on our customers. McAfee takes the quality and security of content very seriously and conducts rigorous quality assurance tests before content is released. This technology is an additional security mechanism to identify and contain any problems that may arise even after the content has been released.
DAT reputation technology comprises two components:
- DAT reputation: Before the update, DAT Reputation performs a search through McAfee Global Threat Intelligence (McAfee GTI) to query the reputation of the DAT file. If the DAT file is classified as "blocking", the terminal will not complete the update.
- Endpoint Safety Pulse: Endpoint Safety Pulse performs a series of health checks to inform McAfee of potentially significant real-world problems caused by a content update. Identifying such issues quickly is critical to timely containment and resolution.
Endpoint Safety Pulse collects the following types of data: operating system version and locale, McAfee product version, DAT and module version, and information about running McAfee and Microsoft processes. McAfee uses this data to check for potential content-related issues after DAT files are shared. The health check results are encrypted and sent to McAfee using SSL. The data is then aggregated and analyzed by McAfee to identify anomalies. When a significant problem is identified, McAfee incident response processes are used.
Customers with devices without internet access can disable McAfee DAT reputation via McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator (McAfee ePO). You can also download the stand-alone configuration file for use on unmanaged systems.
The data collected by McAfee DAT Reputation is used only to find content-related issues with all of our global customers. No personal data is recorded or transmitted. For more information about McAfee DAT reputation, see our FAQs.
- Apple runs out of innovation
- Who finances the Oscar
- What are some facts about panic disorder
- Reiki has something to do with reconstructive healing
- Why hasn't hydroponics gone mainstream?
- What happened to Baba Vanga's predictions
- Can children vape CBD
- What is the name of a worm's brain
- How many units are 1 kW
- Search eBay for descriptions
- What is a review of YZ Marathi Movie
- Which is the best online cloud
- Called an asshole badly
- What about the Apple MacBook Air
- How big is a 10 kg stone
- Do psychologists have a hobby
- How many airports have you been to?
- What is Salamanca Spain known for
- How do you sing like Miley Cyrus
- You are good at typing
- Is suffocation and suffocation the same thing
- How does Maca taste
- Which properties are closely related to success?
- What is to be agreed
- Yoga increases the sex drive
- Where does Shaq live
- Looking for a Landscape Architect in the UAE
- Why is mucus sometimes yellow sometimes clear
- Reading novels is beneficial to a person
- How do you spend 1000 1
- Non-accredited investors can use SharesPost
- What are some neurotransmitters like serotonin
- Which thing replaces text messages