Who uses supercomputers
Areas of application for supercomputers
High-performance computing on supercomputers has become a crucial key technology in the 21st century. Science and industry use high performance computers for simulations, data evaluations, efficient production processes and reliable forecasts. The areas of application for computer simulations range from physics and chemistry to climate research, life sciences and engineering. Supercomputers have revolutionized technological manufacturing processes and processes and are a driver of innovation in industry and finance.
Alongside the USA and Japan, Europe has so far taken a leading position in the use of supercomputers. However, the USA and Japan are currently massively expanding the performance and use of supercomputers. This is done in the awareness that supercomputing is a decisive factor for national success in the scientific and economic field.
The aim is to increase the “sustained performance”, ie the computing power that a supercomputer actually achieves in a specific application, by a factor of 100 to 1000 over the next four years. This is intended to address grand challenge problems that cannot be solved with today's systems.
The fields of climate and earth system research, geophysics, nanostructural physics, solid state physics, hydrodynamics, astrophysics, elementary particle physics, physics of hadrons and nuclei, materials science, theoretical chemistry, biophysics, bioinformatics and plasma physics have the highest computing time requirements on supercomputers. In the following you will find some current research results from these fields, which were only possible through the use of high-performance computers.
- What is two fifths of three quarters
- What are the criticisms of UML
- What purpose and what function does hate fulfill
- What is Breed Crossing in Population Genetics
- What are the disadvantages of electronic procurement
- What kind of adventure sports are there in Uttarakhand
- How much does it cost to consult scraping hubs
- Why does altitude training extend the athletic career
- How can I make friends on Instagram
- Who leads the avengers in real life
- How much mAh corresponds to 6V
- Wall Street bought President Obama
- How much do monocrystalline solar modules cost
- How does Python software make money
- What is a lovebird
- What is a 40 MVA transformer
- What is the LPU's MTech program like
- What is Conservative Judaism
- What was the personality of Stefan Cel Mares like
- Why was 1930s makeup more glamorous
- What is the most important knowledge
- Who is a real christian
- What do magnetic poles do
- What is the capacitive reactance 1