Was worthy of Thanos because he was right
If you are looking for the Thanos version from Avengers: Endgame, see Thanos (Alternative Timeline)
- “I know what it's like to lose. That desperate feeling of being right. And still fail. "
- - Thanos
Thanos is the main antagonist of the Infinity Saga of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. He was a powerful Titan from the planet Titan and a member of the species of the same name. He collects the Infinity Stones to complete the Infinity Gauntlet and with its help wipe out half of all living things in the universe, as in his opinion all civilizations will self-destruct over time if the overpopulation is not stopped. Thanos commands the armies of the Chitauri and Outriders as well as the Black Order.
History [edit | Edit source]
Childhood Edit source]
Thanos belonged to the people of the Titans, a race of powerful, god-like beings who evolved on a planet with which they shared their name. Thanos was born misshapen, with a physical mutation that marked him as an anomaly among his people, making him an outcast.
Adult life Edit source]
The main goal of Thanos was to rebalance the universe as he believed that its massive population would inevitably consume the universe's resources and plunge it into extinction. However, his method of accomplishing this goal was very twisted; by using the ancient infinity stones he wanted to use their power to destroy half of all life in the universe with just one movement of the hand.
He spent many years collecting the stones.
Marvel’s The Avengers Edit source]
For most of the film, he stayed in the background, letting his servant, The Other, do the talking. Thanos was responsible for Loki's return. He taught him to use the power of the tesseract and control it with a scepter, a gift from Thanos.
To launch an attack on Earth, he makes Loki the leader of the Chitauri. The earth should belong to Loki while Thanos should get the tesseract. But the plan fails. At the end of The Avengers, he swears revenge on the people.
Guardians of the Galaxy Edit source]
Thanos sent his two foster daughters Nebula and Gamora as servants to Ronan. He made Ronan the offer to destroy the planet Xandar, capital of the Nova Empire, for him if Ronan brings Thanos an infinity stone, the power stone, which is in the orb. Gamora betrayed Thanos and Ronan and teamed up with a few other criminals to form the Guardians of the Galaxy, while Ronan and Nebula secured the orb.
However, when Ronan noticed that there was an infinity stone inside the orb, he decided to destroy Xandar himself.
Avengers: Age of Ultron Edit source]
Thanos can only be seen in the credits of the film. In the German version he says: "All right, I'll take care of it myself ..."It can be assumed that he is not commissioning Loki or Ronan to get the Infinity Stones as before, but that he decided to do it himself. In the meantime, he puts on the empty Infinity Gauntlet.
Avengers: Infinity War [edit | Edit source]
Thanos had the glove ("Infinity Gauntlet") already shown in the credits scene of Avengers: Age of Ultron made by the dwarf Eitri on Nidavellir. Eitri hoped to protect the other dwarves in the forge, but Thanos killed everyone except Eitri - but he mutilated his hands so that Eitri could not make any more weapons. This section is not shown directly in the film, but only reproduced by Eitri when Thor came to Nidavellir with Rocket and Groot to be forged storm breakers.
Thanos attacked Xandar Prime to secure the power stone that the Guardians had previously brought there in the form of the Orb in the first "Guardians of the Galaxy" film. We only learn this from Thor when the Guardians took him onto their ship in space.
Thanos and the Black Order board an Aesir escape ship from Sanctuary II. After they had fought their way through the people of Asgard, Thanos threatened Loki to kill his adoptive brother Thor if Loki did not give him the tesseract. After some hesitation, Loki handed him the tesseract, which means that Thanos now has two infinity stones, the Makes- and the Space stone.
In a subsequent fight, Thanos managed to overpower the Hulk and kill Loki and Heimdall. Thanos and the Black Order then split up: Thanos went to Knowhere to get the Reality Stone, the Black Order traveled to Earth to steal both the Thought Stone and the Time Stone.
Once on Knowhere, Thanos took on the collector and took the Reality stone in the form of the ether itself. Then he lured the Guardians of the Galaxy, Star-Lord, Drax, Gamora and Mantis into a trap by using the Reality Stone to create an image of himself. When he revealed himself, he kidnaps Gamora and disappears.
On the Sanctuary II, Thanos interrogates Gamora because he found out that she knows the way to the Soul Stone. After Thanos began torturing Gamora's foster sister Nebula, Gamora finally revealed to Thanos the whereabouts of the soul stone: Vormir.
Thanos set off with Gamora to Vormir, where they were received by Red Skull, the guardian of the soul stone. He explained to them that only he who sacrifices a person he loves is worthy of the soul stone. Gamora replied triumphantly that he would never receive the soul stone because he does not love anyone. Thanos then looked at her with tears in his eyes and when Gamora saw and understood this, he pushed her off the cliff. Then he received the Soul stone.
Thanos went to his home planet Titan, where, when he met Iron Man, Spider-Man, Doctor Strange and the rest of the Guardians of the Galaxy, he discovered that they had succeeded in defeating Thanos foster child Ebony Maw.
In the resulting battle for the time stone, which was in the eye of Agamotto, the Avengers and Guardians briefly managed to gain the upper hand. Mantis influenced Thanos spirit to distract him from the other attackers, Drax held his leg, Spider-Man wrapped him up, Doctor Strange fixed his glove, Star Lord electrified him and Iron Man tried to remove the glove. Thanos fell into a kind of trance. But Star-Lord asked him in this state about the whereabouts of Gamora. When he found out what had happened, he hit Thanos in the face. Thanos woke up and decided the fight for himself. When he was about to kill Iron Man, Doctor Strange gave Thanos (contrary to his previous announcement that he would never sacrifice the time stone for his life) Time stone in exchange for Tony Stark's life.
Thanos traveled to earth with the help of the space stone, where he tried to tear the thought stone from his forehead in Wakanda Vision. When Thanos reached this, the rest of the Avengers rushed to Captain America's aid, which Thanos was able to incapacitate very quickly. In a last desperate attempt, Wanda Maximoff succeeded in destroying the thought stone that was still in Vision's head, but Thanos quickly reversed this event with the help of the time stone. Now Thanos reached for that Thought stone and completed the Infinity Gauntlet. At that moment, however, he was attacked by Thor with his new weapon Sturmbrecher, which was also forged by Eitri, and Thor pushed the weapon into his chest, which seriously injured Thanos. However, Thanos was still able to snap his fingers. So Thanos finally succeeded in his goal of destroying half of all living things in the universe. Then he had a vision in which he saw the younger Gamora standing in front of him who asked him if he had made it. Thanos replied "Yes". Then Gamora asked what it cost him and Thanos replied with a sad undertone in his voice "Simply everything .."
At the end you see Thanos injured but happy sitting on his "veranda".
Avengers: Endgame [edit | Edit source]
After his act, Thanos settled on a planet where he tended plants until the remaining Avengers found him and managed to hold him down. When Thanos explains to their horror that he has broken the infinity stones into their atoms, the angry Thor cuts off his head.
Marvel's What If ...? Edit source]
Equipment [edit | Edit source]
- Infinity Gauntlet: A very powerful glove in which the six Infinity Stones can be used to give the wearer unlimited power. Thanos forces the dwarves on Nidavellir to make this glove. In Infinity War, Thanos succeeds in inserting all six infinity stones into the glove and wiping out half of all living beings in the universe with the snap of a finger. The glove takes no noticeable damage during the fight with the Avengers, but it looks very battered after snapping your fingers. Thanos used the glove one last time after his victory to destroy the stones himself. The glove merged with the arm of the Thanos and was thus destroyed.
- Double Blade: An extremely important weapon for conquering the planets. With the lethality of this rotating murderous tool, Thanos represents an almost indomitable opponent for each of our Avengers heroes. Even Captain's vibranium shield broke under the blows of the sword.
Trivia [edit | Edit source]
- Thanos made his first appearance in the comic Iron Man # 55 in February 1973 and was invented by Jim Starlin and Mike Friedrich.
- For a long time, Thanos was considered the planned villain for Avengers: Age of Ultron. However, after the title of the film came out, it became clear that it wasn't going to be.
- Damion Poitier's role as Thanos was only given as Man # 1 in the credits of Marvel's The Avengers.
- Thanos' name is based on Thanatos, the god of death from Greek mythology.
- In the comics, Thanos was so madly in love with death that in order to impress her, he destroyed millions of planets.
Gallery [edit | Edit source]
Videos [edit | Edit source]
- Can beat Batman Darth Vader
- Can a housing association enforce parking rules
- Top 10 software development companies in Bangladesh
- Can folic acid increase the risk of cancer
- Why is Pakistan so underdeveloped
- What is a chained exception in Java
- What are some programming pearls in Forth
- How is Zebpay secure
- How do I create a conceptual framework
- How do I write sci papers
- What do radical Islamists believe
- What is the math system
- What percentage of Americans live in cities?
- 7 is a prime number
- Which is better RICS or NICMAR
- Which country does the most porn
- Create love for cricket matches
- How are Aravali hills made
- What is a Holacracy partner
- What is harassment
- How is an uneven movement accelerated?
- When did Japan invade the Korean Peninsula?
- How can we get money for investments
- Is that a good poem