India is upset with Pakistan
India and Pakistan: Chronology of a Long Enmity
Since independence in 1947, the two states have been at war with each other on several occasions. This year tensions have increased again. The focus is on the old bone of contention: the Kashmir region.
The Indian government is revoking the special status of the state of Jammu and Kashmir. Article 370 of the Indian constitution guaranteed the population of the disputed region from 1949 privileges such as its own constitution and flag. The exemption was once a condition for the predominantly Muslim region to join the newly independent India.
According to the announcement, the Kashmir Valley will stand still for weeks. The Indian government is sending tens of thousands of additional soldiers to the already highly militarized area. Internet and telephone connections are down, schools and shops are closed. Pakistan reacts angrily and with a vague threat: The foreign ministry has announced that it will examine “all possible options”.
Pakistan drops bombs over Indian Kashmir. Two Indian warplanes are shot down during the operation. Several airports will be closed in India and Pakistan (February 27).
India bombs Pakistani territory near Balakot, a city on the Pakistani-Kashmiri border; According to Indian sources, a terrorist training camp will be hit (February 26).
A Kashmiri suicide bomber attacks a convoy of Indian security forces. Over 40 Indian paramilitaries are killed and dozen injured (February 14).
Pakistan releases chief terrorists. A court in Pakistan releases Hafiz Saeed from house arrest. He is considered to be the mastermind behind the bloody attacks in Mumbai in 2008. The US has put $ 10 million on him.
Wave of violence in Kashmir. Indian security forces kill rebel leader Burhan Wani. There was unrest and severe repression that lasted for months, with dozens of deaths. This is followed by limited military action by Pakistan and India and an intense propaganda war. An attack on a bus carrying Hindu pilgrims in July 2017 further exacerbated the tension.
China is building the new silk road. With a corridor through Pakistan, Beijing wants to improve western China's access to the Indian Ocean. Roads, railways and ports in Pakistan are to be expanded.
Attack on school in Peshawar. Terrorists raid a military school in Peshawar. They kill over 141 people, most of them children. It is a frontal declaration of war by the Islamists on the Pakistani military.
Usama bin Ladin is killed in Pakistan. American commandos kill the Qaeda chief in his hiding place near Abbottabad in Pakistan. As a result, the relationship between Pakistan and the USA is even more strained than it is already.
Mumbai attacks. Islamist terrorists from Pakistan attack colonial landmarks of the Indian economic metropolis: the Hotel Taj Mahal and Victoria Station, as well as other targets. There are over 160 dead and 300 injured.
Stop on train from Delhi to Lahore. Bombs explode in two cars on the Samjhauta Express to Pakistan. A fire breaks out, 68 people are killed. Most of the victims are Pakistani. The perpetrators were never found.
Nuclear secrets passed on. The nuclear physicist Abdul Qadeer Khan, known as the “father of the Pakistani atomic bomb”, confesses on television that he passed on atomic secrets to Libya, Iran and North Korea.
The case also affects Switzerland. In the so-called Tinner case, the Federal Council orders a highly controversial file destruction.
Pogrom against Muslims in Gujarat. An arson attack on a train carrying radical Hindu pilgrims kills 58. As a result, there are riots against Muslims with over 1,000 dead; the police remain passive for a long time. The state's chief minister is Narendra Modi, who later became India's head of government.
- How do drugs affect emotions?
- Where is the University of Malaysia
- How can I do 1 every hour
- What are Toblerone pralines made of
- What's your last musical discovery
- Why College Students Should Join Professional Associations
- What is the difference between honor and honor
- How does potassium lower blood pressure
- Had early Marshall guitar amps reverb
- What is an observer
- Why do we use computers in biology
- Companies should pay their suppliers on time
- How do you mask your phone number
- Why do boys suddenly disappear
- Wall Street is a mathematician's game
- What are IC50, LC50 and MIC50 values
- What is a national performance troop
- Can I make mead from fermented honey?
- Mahabharata Hindu Epic Who Was Uttara
- Is Mobile Alabama dangerous
- Why does Eminem hate muttering rap
- Can we live without a brain 1
- Satellite dishes use electricity
- Did Hitler believe in Christ
- How can I be a better team worker
- Are Farsi and Arabic difficult for Turks
- Which rapper sang the song Asshole
- What are the top ten software developers
- Obi Wan Kenobi had children
- How are guitars made
- Is the NAACP damaged
- Where do you watch soccer games