What does the release date of the film depend on?
WandaVision: Everything about the new Marvel series with Elizabeth Olsen on Disney +
As part of Phase 4 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, there are some promising projects waiting for us, especially with a look at the streaming service Disney +. One project in particular is causing a stir with its unusual concept: WandaVision.
WandaVision has the potential to turn the MCU completely upside down. In order not to lose track of all the developments, we collect the most important information about the series here. The article is regularly updated with new information. Before reading on be before various MCU spoilers warned.
When does WandaVision start on Disney?
At the January 15, 2021 launches WandaVision on Disney +. At the beginning there are the first two of the total of nine episodes. This is followed by another chapter every Friday.
What is WandaVision about?
WandaVision brings back two well-known MCU characters, namely Wanda Maximoff aka Scarlet Witch and Vision. Already at this point it gets exciting: Vision actually died in Avengers 3: Infinity War, but now appears again in a lively form. WandaVision plays with illusory worlds and grazes different eras of sitcoms, from the 1950s to the present day.
You can watch the trailer for WandaVision here:
Wanda and Vision are in one at the beginning of the plot perfect suburban idyll again. They live together in a quiet house and happily plunge into their everyday lives - just like the characters in a classic sitcom. But soon the suspicion arises that something is wrong in their world. The only question is what exactly is going on.
How is WandaVision related to the MCU?
The MCU series at Disney + should be much stronger with the The events of the movies than was previously the case. WandaVision plays a special role in this. So the plot is directly linked to the events of Doctor Strange 2: In the Multiverse of Madness. This is interesting in that it is also about different dimensions and realities.
Kevin Feige has also promised that WandaVision will not only consist of sitcom elements. Over the course of the nine episodes, the series turns into one big Marvel blockbusterswho doesn’t need to hide from the cinema models. Nevertheless, the sitcom touch is appealing, as the following excerpt from the series - recorded in front of a live audience - shows.
Marvel's WandaVision: This is what an MCU looks like as a sitcom:
Who is part of the WandaVision cast?
In WandaVision we can expect the return of many well-known MCU characters, who are also embodied by their well-known actors. But there are also new faces in the cast.
- Elizabeth Olsen as Wanda Maximoff
- Paul Bettany as vision
- Teyonah Parris as Monica Rambeau
- Kat Dennings as Darcy Lewis
- Randall Park as Jimmy Woo
- Kathryn Hahn as annoying neighbor Agnes
Kathryn Hahn's character in particular raises some questions. Agnes is supposedly her name, but based on her appearance in the first trailer, many fans assume that we are dealing with the nasty witch Agatha Harkness.
Meanwhile, Monica Rambeau is the older version of the character of the same name from Captain Marvel. She is the daughter of Maria Rambeau, Carol Danver's best friend. Meanwhile, we met Darcy Lewis, played by Kat Dennings, in the first two Thor films alongside Jane Foster.
Who is WandaVision?
The series was created by Jac Schaeffer, who made his directorial debut with the Romcom TiMER. He gained his first MCU experience as a screenwriter for Black Widow. To be staged all nine episodes of season 1 by Matt Shakman. With series like It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, You're the Worst and The Good Wife, he has already worked in both drama and comedy.
Here you can find the official poster for WandaVision:
Which MCU series are still coming to Disney +?
After WandaVision we expect one whole range of new Marvel series on Disney +. The Falcon and The Winter Soldier will follow immediately on March 19, 2021. Loki will join them from May. In addition, the series What If ...?, Ms. Marvel and Hawkeye will be released for 2021. There won't be a long Marvel break this year.
Is it worth taking a look at WandaVision?
The first voices of the critics promise an innovative and complex series. There will be a great many references to television history while at the same time an exciting mystery unfolds. Overall, it seems that WandaVision is one of the most daring MCU productions so far, both in terms of style and content.
* This Disney + link is an affiliate link. By taking out a subscription via this link, you support Moviepilot. This has no effect on the price.
What do you expect from WandaVision with Elizabeth Olsen and Paul Bettany?
- What is the sociological curriculum for IAS
- Which properties are closely related to success?
- What is the most underrated car
- The people of northeast China hate Japan
- How has the lifestyle of Hollywood celebrities changed over time?
- Why is Panama so expensive
- Is that a computer world
- Is Java useful in our real life
- Where can I find great inspiring podcasts
- What is the purification of water
- Why is high ISO grainy
- Has Apple reached its maximum potential?
- What are the functions of blood
- How is the data center charged
- Why can North Korea target China now?
- Does a mechanical watch really define time?
- What is Conservative Judaism
- Why can't girls be called perverts?
- What are your 3 favorite book passages
- Which hospital has the best urology department?
- What is the startup conference
- How handouts alleviate poverty
- Top 10 software development companies in Bangladesh
- What about the capital structure? meant
- What is 1 7 x 2 8
- Green detergents are better
- What do you say taste or taste
- Which lipstick company is the best
- Steven Weinberg's statement about religion is unscientific
- What is a network intrusion detection system
- Why don't my children love me
- Why are cosmetics so expensive
- Do Ghillie suits actually work as intended