Where can I start my article ship
Masculine, feminine, and neuter nouns in English
1. What is the gender of nouns in English?
In English, unlike German, it is easy to determine the gender of a noun.
- With people you either take hey or she.
- For animals and things it says it.
There are many nouns in English that it is not clear whether it is a male or a female person, such as cousin, doctor, singer, student, teacher. An extra word can determine the gender more precisely, e.g. boyfriend / girlfriend. The ending -ess is an identifier for a female person, e.g. waiter / waitress.
2. Special features - animals
If the sex of the animal is known, can one for the animal too he / she to use. In the case of pets, it is often common hey or she to use.
- Where is the cat? She is in the garden. (Where's the cat? It's in the garden.)
3. Special features - ships, cars, countries
The female form is still used in English for ships and partly also for cars and countries, but this is rather out of date. The tendency is to use it.
- The Titanic was a great ship, but she hit an iceberg and sank. (The Titanic was a large ship, but it hit an iceberg and sank.)
- Can a gorilla kill me?
- What clogs in an induction motor
- What are the best skateboard decks
- What security mechanisms are missing in WhatsApp 1
- What is used for tally
- It is important to follow celebrity news
- Why do my parents support Donald Trump
- Which movie themed song makes you sad the most
- Why are extroverts stronger emotionally
- Who are your favorite actor combinations
- How can fungus help an orchid grow
- Why isn't MATLAB CS graduates taught
- Why don't more Palestinians write about Quora?
- Where did the crypto currency come from?
- Think your ADHD is beneficial
- How has the lifestyle of Hollywood celebrities changed over time?
- What is some good architecture news
- What are the best books on aging
- When do you apply to college?
- How does daemonization affect the sector?
- Why is alcohol not heated directly
- Is Zoook a trustworthy brand
- How do I find a wayback machine
- What is POPXO