What did Fliegerkorps VII do during World War II

navigation

The city of Lipetsk is located on the Voronezh, about 400km southeast of Moscow, and in 1925 had about 25,000 inhabitants. The city, which was newly founded at the beginning of the 18th century, was spread out over a large area and there was a base for the Red Air Fleet on an airfield north of the city.

The "Lipetsk Treaty", concluded on April 15, 1925, was deliberately only signed by the head of the German military mission in the Soviet Union (here: "Sondergruppe Moscow"), Hermann von der Lieth-Thomsen, in order to inform the Reich government to leave the entire company uninvolved. On the Soviet side, Petr Baranov, the head of the Soviet Air Force ("Red, or here: Russian Air Fleet") signed. Lieth-Thomsen also signed a contract with the head of the school, Walter Stahr. Stahr, in turn, concluded individual contracts with the staff employed in Lipetsk. The entire base was deliberately kept civil, no uniforms were worn and the German planes did not wear any national emblems. Nevertheless, the expenses for Lipetsk ran on the budget of the Reichswehr Ministry.

The "Lipetsk Treaty", concluded on April 15, 1925, was deliberately only signed by the head of the German military mission in the Soviet Union (here: "Sondergruppe Moscow"), Hermann von der Lieth-Thomsen, in order to inform the Reich government to leave the entire company uninvolved. On the Soviet side, Petr Baranov, the head of the Soviet Air Force ("Red, or here: Russian Air Fleet") signed. Lieth-Thomsen also signed a contract with the head of the school, Walter Stahr. Stahr, in turn, concluded individual contracts with the staff employed in Lipetsk. The entire base was deliberately kept civil, no uniforms were worn and the German planes did not wear national emblems. Nevertheless, the expenses for Lipetsk ran on the budget of the Reichswehr Ministry.

The "Lipetsk Treaty", concluded on April 15, 1925, was deliberately only signed by the head of the German military mission in the Soviet Union (here: "Sondergruppe Moscow"), Hermann von der Lieth-Thomsen, in order to inform the Reich government to leave the entire company uninvolved. On the Soviet side, Petr Baranov, the head of the Soviet Air Force ("Red, or here: Russian Air Fleet") signed. Lieth-Thomsen also signed a contract with the head of the school, Walter Stahr. Stahr, in turn, concluded individual contracts with the staff employed in Lipetsk. The entire base was deliberately kept civil, no uniforms were worn and the German planes did not wear national emblems. Nevertheless, the expenses for Lipetsk ran on the budget of the Reichswehr Ministry.

The "Lipetsk Treaty", concluded on April 15, 1925, was deliberately only signed by the head of the German military mission in the Soviet Union (here: "Sondergruppe Moscow"), Hermann von der Lieth-Thomsen, in order to inform the Reich government to leave the entire company uninvolved. On the Soviet side, Petr Baranov, the head of the Soviet Air Force ("Red, or here: Russian Air Fleet") signed. Lieth-Thomsen also signed a contract with the head of the school, Walter Stahr. Stahr, in turn, concluded individual contracts with the staff employed in Lipetsk. The entire base was deliberately kept civil, no uniforms were worn and the German planes did not wear national emblems. Nevertheless, the expenses for Lipetsk ran on the budget of the Reichswehr Ministry.

This report from the head of the "Central Moscow", the German military mission in Moscow, notes on the one hand the dissolution of the German advisory group ("Gruppe Fiebig"), and on the other hand it gives an insight into the measures prior to the start of training. It shows both the awareness of the need for the greatest possible secrecy and the high ambitions "culminating in the statement:" Exemplary must be achieved, this demands our reputation. "

This report from the head of the "Central Moscow", the German military mission in Moscow, notes on the one hand the dissolution of the German advisory group ("Gruppe Fiebig"), on the other hand it gives an insight into the measures taken prior to the start of training. It shows both the awareness of the need for the greatest possible secrecy and the high ambitions "culminating in the statement:" Exemplary must be achieved, this demands our reputation. "

Only to a lesser extent could existing buildings in Lipetsk, which had to be repaired first, be used. By 1929, five aircraft hangars, five residential buildings, eight log houses ("barracks"), a casino and additional workshop and functional buildings were built. In the end, however, the site was not only very extensive, but also extremely efficient and very modern by the standards of the time. It included not only aircraft hangars and workshops, but also test stands, classrooms, a modern medical area with an operating theater and appropriate common rooms. Despite the existing residential buildings, however, additional living space had to be rented in the city at times. As the central administration building, the staff building was kept as representative as the large casino building.

Only to a lesser extent could the existing buildings in Lipetsk be used, which had to be repaired first. By 1929, five aircraft hangars, five residential buildings, eight log houses ("barracks"), a casino and additional workshop and functional buildings were built. In the end, however, the site was not only very extensive, but also extremely efficient and very modern by the standards of the time. It not only included aircraft hangars and workshops, but also test stands, classrooms, a modern medical area with an operating theater and appropriate common rooms. Despite the existing residential buildings, however, additional living space had to be rented in the city at times.

Only to a lesser extent could existing buildings in Lipetsk, which had to be repaired first, be used. By 1929, five aircraft hangars, five residential buildings, eight log houses ("barracks"), a casino and additional workshop and functional buildings were built. In the end, however, the site was not only very extensive, but also extremely efficient and very modern by the standards of the time. It included not only aircraft hangars and workshops, but also test stands, classrooms, a modern medical area with an operating theater and appropriate common rooms. Despite the existing residential buildings, however, additional living space had to be rented in the city at times. The armory was a separate building on the base area.

Only to a lesser extent could existing buildings in Lipetsk, which had to be repaired first, be used. By 1929, five aircraft hangars, five residential buildings, eight log houses ("barracks"), a casino and additional workshop and functional buildings were built. In the end, however, the site was not only very extensive, but also extremely efficient and very modern by the standards of the time. It included not only aircraft hangars and workshops, but also test stands, classrooms, a modern medical area with an operating theater and appropriate common rooms. Despite the existing residential buildings, however, additional living space had to be rented in the city at times. The task of observer officers consisted in reconnaissance from the air, based on technical aids (cameras), not in the actual flight control.