Who is Lord Vishnu's son
Who are the children of Vishnu and Lakshmi?
As far as I know, children of Lakshmi are only mentioned in verses 11-12 of Sri Suktam, a hymn from the Khilani (Apocrypha or later parts) of the Rig Veda:
We are the descendants of our ancestor Sage Kardama, who is one of the sons of the goddess Lakshmi. We invoke this sage Kardama to install in his family the universal mother Mahalakshmi, adorned with the garland of lotus flowers. So be it. We call another son of Lakshmi named Chikleeta. May he live in our house and may his mother Mahalakshmi live in our family.
In addition, almost no information is known. The sage Kardama is usually thought of as the son of Brahma born from Brahma's shadow as mentioned in this verse of Srimad Bhagavatam. The only other connection between Lakshmi and Kardama is a story about how Lakshmi, emerging from the troubled ocean, took sage Kardama as her adoptive father rather than son as a reward for his tapasya. And I don't think Chiklita is mentioned in any other scriptures.
The meanings of the names Kardama and Chiklita both refer to damp or wet things, so this could also be related to Lakshmi's emergence from the troubled ocean.
Another thing you may want to know is that, according to this website, Kardama and Chilkita are apparently two of the seers of the verses in Sri Suktam:
If we look at the entire sukta as a whole, then the rishis are: Each mantra of this sukta has a different rishi (seer), chandas (meter), devi (deity) and viniyoga (ritual application). Ananda, Chikleeta, Kardama, Shreeda and Indira who are said to be the sons of the goddess Lakshmi.
But I am not sure that the claim that these are all sons of Lakshmi has any biblical basis.
EDIT: This excerpt from the Vayu Purana lists two other sons of Vishnu and Lakshmi, "Bala (strength) and Utsaha (energy)". And it is also said that the drivers of Vimanas were born as "spiritual sons" and that she had two daughters, Ayati and Niyati, who became the daughters-in-law of Brighu (who is Lakshmi's adoptive father!).
Keshav Srinivasan ♦
- How does potassium lower blood pressure
- How do I rate content marketing systems
- All BMW Z3 have manual transmissions
- Why do I want more
- Is polytechnic better than biotech engineering
- Did R Kelly deserve a prison sentence
- Is there CAT coaching in the Akash Institute
- Sup how are you
- Can a bank make money illegally?
- Do you like math 1
- Non-accredited investors can use SharesPost
- How is lying seen in your culture
- Where are After Effects used?
- What is the software for e-commerce monitoring
- Why does Asian men's clothing have skirts
- What does Munadi mean
- What is the best concert of the Rolling Stones
- Why did I believe a liar?
- Can cause acid reflux in cheese
- How are fonts tested for legibility
- What is the best alternative to Kickstarter
- How does the character determine the acidity?
- Is astrology popular in Europe
- NASA fakes their livestreams