What is the battery capacity
The battery capacity is the energy that a rechargeable battery can absorb and release again when needed. The battery capacity is a characteristic value for electric vehicles, for smartphones and other battery-operated mobile devices.
In the case of electric vehicles, the battery capacity determines the distance that can be covered and is specified in kilowatt hours (kWh). For smartphones and other mobile devices, the battery capacity represents the operating time and is specified in ampere-hours (Ah).
With regard to electric vehicles, the battery capacity can be used to infer the performance of the vehicle. A Tesla with a battery capacity of 100 kWh is assumed as an example. 100 kW correspond to 136 hp. So this vehicle could get 136 hp for an hour, or 68 hp over two hours, or 34 hp over four hours.The battery capacities indicated on the batteries are the nominal capacity, which expresses the current capacity. The specified value in ampere-hours (Ah) indicates how much discharge current can be drawn over a certain period of time until the end-of-discharge voltage is reached. The discharge time is the time between the start of the discharge and the reaching of the discharge voltage. When the discharge limit is reached, no further discharge current can be drawn from the battery. For example, if a battery has a nominal capacity of 5 kAh, it can supply a current of 5 kA for one hour or a current of 10 A for 500 hours.
The usable battery capacity, the operating capacity, differs from the nominal capacity because this decreases with the number of charging cycles. The battery capacity is temperature-dependent and increases with higher temperatures, since the charge carriers diffuse faster. The operating capacity is the battery capacity that is available to the user for operation. It is always less than the nominal capacity because it is reduced by aging processes.
- Is EVN a closed fund
- How can I make money with LMMS
- How does mediation work
- Does death make sense in the poem
- Can we update a complex view
- How does it work at Instacart
- If 2x 100 0 what does x
- Where is the energy of gravity stored
- How do I solve paper without studying
- How should I distinguish myself in the Extempore
- What is NASH Disease
- Costco membership fee
- Can soldiers use text
- How do tension headaches occur
- Will Tesla make non-electric vehicles
- Is love suitable or reliable in teenagers
- Why are slums in India increasing more and more
- What is the math of it all
- How old is your bed
- How big is a 10 kg stone
- Do Airbnb prices include taxes
- How is the human heart built?
- Find Vanessa Williams attractive
- How loud is 25 decibels