How can I cure a kidney cyst
Kidney cyst | Symptoms, Diagnosis & Treatment
Definition: Different types of kidney cysts
Medicine makes a differencefour different types of kidney cysts (according to Bosniak):
- Type 1 and 2:Benign, almost never causing problems and have no or only very thin walls. In rare cases, such a kidney cyst becomes very large and needs treatment.
- Type 3: The kidney has an irregular or thickened wall. Since it can develop into a malignant cyst, surgical intervention should always be carried out.
- Type 4:Malignant disease (kidney cancer).
A kidney cyst about 30 mm in size as shown by computed tomography. The cyst is marked and easily recognizable in the two images below
Causes of Kidney Cysts
No specific causes are known for the accidental development of individual kidney cysts. Cyst kidneys are usuallyhereditary and are inherited as an autosomal dominant trait. The chance that a sick parent will pass the defective gene on is 50%. If this occurs, the child also suffers from the disease. It does not matter whether it also received a healthy gene from the other parent.
How autosomal dominant inheritance works. The genetic defect on the chromosome is marked in red
Kidney cysts can also form after years of dialysis.
Symptoms of a kidney cyst
A single kidney cyst often goes unnoticed for a lifetime because it does not cause any symptoms. When aVery large cyst it can cause pain in the kidney or abdominal area. In addition, symptoms such as back pain, blood in the urine, or high blood pressure are common with large cysts.
The following symptoms are typical in cystic kidneys:
- Kidney pain
- high blood pressure
- Blood in the urine
- frequent urinary tract infections
- Intestinal diverticula (protuberances)
- Cysts in other organs (e.g. liver, spleen)
- Aneurysms (widening of blood vessels)
- Valvular heart disease (rare)
The larger the kidney cysts, the more pronounced the symptoms are.
Diagnosis of a kidney cyst
Individual kidney cysts without symptoms are usually discovered only by chance. The doctor can use imaging tests to determine the size and type of the cyst. This includes
- Ultrasound (sonography),
- less commonComputed Tomography (CT) or
- X-ray examinations.
For type 3 or 4 kidney cysts, computed tomography with contrast agent is used to rule out a malignant tumor. AKidneyoscopy (Renoscopy) also provides information about whether it is a kidney tumor. AlsoBlood andUrine tests are helpful methods that can indicate possible urinary tract infections and impaired kidney function.
The doctor can use ultrasound to diagnose kidney cysts
Treatment of the kidney cyst
The treatment for a kidney cyst depends on how big the cyst is and whether it is causing symptoms. Individual, harmless kidney cysts usually do not require treatment.
A causal therapy of the cyst kidneys is not yet possible. Treatment is therefore aimed at relieving symptoms:
- antihypertensive drugs With high blood pressure: Since too high blood pressure puts additional strain on the kidneys, regular control of the pressure is very important in kidney cysts
- healthy lifestyle: For example, patients should stop smoking, avoid being overweight and aim for a low-salt diet
- Antibiotics for urinary tract infections
If a single cyst is so large that it displaces kidney tissue, surgical removal or puncture is possible. At aPunctureThe doctor sucks the fluid out of the cyst using a thin hollow needle. He then sticks the emptied cyst with a chemical. This minimally invasive method has the advantage that no incisions are necessary, but the kidney cysts often return.
Another minimally invasive method forRemoval of the kidney cysts provides for the cyst wall to be removed using incisions that are only a few millimeters in size. To prevent the cyst from recurring, the remaining edges of the cyst are obliterated with an electric current.
If the kidney cysts interfere with kidney function or cause it to fail, dialysis must be used to cleanse the blood. In this case, a kidney transplant is necessary in the long term.
- How do we read the Koran with understanding
- What is the definition of clayey soil
- Monthly pest control is necessary
- Philosophy is good
- Squirrel bite is poison or not
- What are some of the characters of good physicists
- What are the five management theories
- What is a nuclear reactor
- Will the Aam Aadmi Party grow in popularity
- What should I call my pet croet
- What insects can pretend to be dead?
- Organic chemistry helps with universal understanding
- How can I embrace Canadian culture
- What does W T P.
- Why did the salt taste like sugar?
- Should we believe in predestination
- What is your rating of Okinawa Japan
- Why are drone attacks so dangerous?
- What are fossils used for?
- You can earn by betting
- The frequency changes with damped vibrations
- Is this a limit to human strength
- What are the targeted disabilities
- How do medical translation services work
- Are ripped denim shorts unsuitable for school?
- What habits destroy people's careers
- What does testimony mean in Hebrew
- What wars was Brazil involved in?
- Is Trevor Noah apolitical
- What makes Twitter unique
- What is andragogy
- What were your parents right about
- How have missionaries changed the world
- How are fractals and chaos theory related?