What are Piet Mondrian's earliest works
Piet Mondrian - His work
The essence of his art
Mondrian's art is about objectivity and functionality. Mondrian believes that there is a universal and absolute “beauty” that goes beyond our subjective feelings. His aim is to create an art that corresponds to this ideal of beauty. For Mondrian, recognizing and feeling a cosmic beauty is a conscious process that can only be achieved through abstraction. Mondrian avoids pictorial elements that could evoke subjective feelings. For this reason, there are no soft and curved lines to be seen in Mondrian's paintings. All of its lines are straight and either horizontal or vertical. In contrast to van Doesburg, he does not use diagonal lines. He is referring to the concept of "pure" forms.
With the opposing lines and corners, it represents the harmony between opposites, e.g. "man / woman". According to Mondrian, the duality in the picture should be contained in a composition as well as the balance of opposing elements must be taken into account so that the picture receives a "rhythm". So that a balance between color and "non-color" can arise, a large area of "non-color" must be in relation to a smaller area of "color".
Mondrian uses the primary colors as artistic means: blue, yellow, red, and as “non-colors” black, white and gray. Applied to architecture, the material corresponds to the color and the empty space to the non-color.
One of Piet Mondrian's most famous pictures is “Composition with Yellow, Red and Blue” from 1927. The picture clearly shows how the composition of his pictures should be structured.
The ideas of constructivism and the theories of the painter and art theorist Wassily Kandinsky are considered models for his abstract design. Several of Mondrian's ideas can be traced back to the writings of the theosophist M. H. J. Schoenmaekers: "The New Image of the World" and "Principles of Plastic Mathematics." From 1915-1916.
Continue reading ...
- Why are defenders big in football?
- How much does the Mortal Kombat 11 cost
- Why are cooling machines used
- Why is ethanol so high in calories
- Which organ is supplied with the most blood
- How is 2 57 divisible by 4?
- What do magnetic poles do
- Can breed a cheetah and puma
- How many amps are in one volt
- What do radical Islamists believe
- What is contact potential
- What's up with mumbai rain
- How can we play war
- Did Hillary Clinton's victory badly
- Are you really enjoying your advertising time
- Does this TSP solution work?
- What are the government jobs for agriculture
- Which is the best soccer app
- How loyalty programs make money
- Alcohol is addictive
- Which pressure controls the blood pressure
- Where should children grow up
- What are cargo or chinos
- What is Tiktok worth